Someone tell me something positive about this offense | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Someone tell me something positive about this offense

Then the turnover. We get 7 yards on 1st down, to their 7 yard line, then run the QB into a brick wall twice. I guess we really don't use tight ends.

I would bet anything the first DeVito keeper, into the brick wall, was supposed to go to Jackson on the jet sweep. He had Jordan pulling out front to block and Jackson would’ve walked into the Endzone I’m sure of it Devito mucked that up.

Last edited:
I would bet anything the first DeVito keeper, into the brick wall, was supposed to go to Jackson on the jet sweep. He had jorden pulling out front to block and Jackson would’ve walked into the Endzone I’m sure of it Devito mucked that up.

This and missing Tucker on that screen INT were the killers.

But you can't play Rex after he didn't even get the ball close to the WR that last drive.

I'm down to see what we have with the freshmen. I give Devito the first 2 drives since its the first home game but still give them a second quarter series.

If Tommy struggles against GT I go to the Freshmen for Liberty and Duke.

Where the hell is Qadir White? Are you telling me after three years he’s still not ready yet? I don’t understand. Also is it me or I feel like we get no information about our team at all. There are barely any articles like there used to be for Syracuse football. Any podcast I here is outdated, there just doesn’t seem to be enough content about our roster. I felt more connected to players in the past way way more than I do now. On the radio they don’t seem to want to talk about addressing this problem we have with Syracuse football. I feel like the media danced around the problems we have with this team. I like Dino don’t get me wrong but the University needs to get better with this

Its run by an offensive genius we're lucky to have, wants to spend his whole career here and we better cross our fingers and toes that some big school doesn't rip him away from us because they want to replicate all our offensive success

We have an NFL ready QB who will be drafted in the 1st round, 2nd round at worst and we're lucky he didn't declare for the draft already.

We are the new fast. I mean, what else is there to say. How bad could an offense be that plays faster than anybody.

If by chance, we end up with a new coach, the players won't need to learn a new playbook because there is no playbook they're currently learning from.

This and missing Tucker on that screen INT were the killers.

But you can't play Rex after he didn't even get the ball close to the WR that last drive.

I'm down to see what we have with the freshmen. I give Devito the first 2 drives since its the first home game but still give them a second quarter series.

If Tommy struggles against GT I go to the Freshmen for Liberty and Duke.

they have no choice at this point I would even change at GT we need to see if these players can play or not.I watch around college football and I don’t see how our Oline could be this horrible in year five. Also our wide receivers we need more productivity.

they have no choice at this point I would even change at GT we need to see if these players can play or not.I watch around college football and I don’t see how our Oline could be this horrible in year five. Also our wide receivers we need more productivity.

Rex throws on third and fourth down show you why there was a huge gap and no real job competition entering the season. How the hell does he miss both throws that badly?

I get its not working for Tommy but OL and WR are bad and we were on the road against good teams.

Gotta see if the offense as a whole can look functional at home against GT a team not in the top half of the ACC with our experienced starter. If not I want to see Morgan and Dillon M.

Sommers can get pushed out the door for all I care if he can't get ahead of Rex or Dillon M his second year in the program. Open up scholarships because we might be in a position where 2 transfers fight for the job next fall. Same goes for all the crappy WR and OL taking up scholarships who can't beat out the MAC level talent that actually plays (White/Lutz etc.)

Where the hell is Qadir White? Are you telling me after three years he’s still not ready yet? I don’t understand. Also is it me or I feel like we get no information about our team at all. There are barely any articles like there used to be for Syracuse football. Any podcast I here is outdated, there just doesn’t seem to be enough content about our roster. I felt more connected to players in the past way way more than I do now. On the radio they don’t seem to want to talk about addressing this problem we have with Syracuse football. I feel like the media danced around the problems we have with this team. I like Dino don’t get me wrong but the University needs to get better with this

If hes this bad in practice I don't need to see him in the game and the staff should be telling him to transfer and giving that scholarship to someone else.

Saw a scramble to the left side yesterday which has been an issue on the board. I don’t recall that anything good happened as a result, but there’s that.

It can’t get worse

Quad is a bust. The only positive thing about this offense is that their about to be some changes.

seriously, why don’t we send out Dillon Markiewicz and let him get some reps? it’s becoming very clear that Tommy isn’t the answer and he isn’t the quarterback that’s gonna take us where we want to go. so why not see what you have in Dillon and let him get some valuable game reps. the offense sincerely can’t be much worse.
It's obvious that our 2nd string quarterback isn't getting enough reps in practice. There's no way that the 3rd string could be ready

In all seriousness, there were moments where the run game looked functional, and at least one off-tackle run worked well. There was a mini-series there where Syracuse was trying to keep the Pitt D Line honest, and used quick hitters to the backs and a couple runs that seemed to work. That's truly about it ...oh, and the one touchdown to Harris

Dakota Davis will help if he gets healthy. If Bleich appealed, maybe he can help once he gets healthy? Grasping at straws here...

Quad is a bust. The only positive thing about this offense is that their about to be some changes.

I remember the P days when a a good chunk of lineman might not see the field until their redshirt junior or senior years. It was unheard of to see a true frosh or redshirt frosh. Now a redshirt sophomore is a bust.

Some good news...

50th in ppg
52nd ypg

When is the last time we were that high after 2 games (both of which were vs ranked opponents)?

When was the last time 40% of the P5 \and most of the G5 were sitting the year out through week 2?

When was the last time 40% of the P5 \and most of the G5 were sitting the year out through week 2?

1600643407902.gif

Anything. Anything at all. Right now, the best thing about this offense is when they are all on the bench.

The world is more distracted so many people don’t realize how GRobian things have been.

Dollars to donuts that there are few if any personnel changes this weekend.

If I am wrong, I will happily eat crow.

I’ll bet some donuts.

I like Jordan and Tucker.
O-line will get better once fully healthy.

Why is it that 5 years in, we still don't have enough linemen to withstanding one or two guys getting hurt?

This is FOOTBALL. People get hurt. How can they not have enough bodies in there, who have been coached up to be adequate college football players AFTER FIVE YEARS ????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom