Someone tell me something positive about this offense | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Someone tell me something positive about this offense

171 total yards. I never imagined to see an offense this bad under Babers. It's unreal how bad it is

171 total yards is just not acceptable in today's football...no wait...football in the last 20 years.

Missing / not having Spring Practice could still be a factor, until I ask why have there been no wrinkles. Why not try and gameplan a few plays that break from our tendencies? Do something different for once...this is a nothing to lose season. If leadership wants to keep this same plan in place, then just play all lower classmen and call it a preperation year for '21.

We were 40th nationally going into this game in points per game, and today we scored more than we did last week.

Totally suspending judgment. If they look the same after actual guards are available then concerns are warranted.

First priority is get the ol improved. Right now it isn’t giving the offense a chance to get going other than a couple of decent runs

You don't have to worry about your head coach or offensive coordinator leaving for a better program
I've heard a couple pee wee teams have expressed interest.

No - Tucker has prototype RB size already, and great speed.
JJ is (potentially) a blur, but built like a slot receiver.
And as bad as our slot receivers are that's where Jordan should be. Have Tucker in the backfield, and send Jordan across the middle. Watch Louisville and Atwell tonight.

seriously, why don’t we send out Dillon Markiewicz and let him get some reps? it’s becoming very clear that Tommy isn’t the answer and he isn’t the quarterback that’s gonna take us where we want to go. so why not see what you have in Dillon and let him get some valuable game reps. the offense sincerely can’t be much worse.

If this were the NFL (where sacks count against a team's passing yards) our passing was much better with Rex in at QB.

Rex 1 TD 0 INT 88 yards passing

Tommy 0 TD 1 INT negative 8 yards passing

But hey getting lucky 2-3 times a game (Rex or Welch last year) is apparently worse than completing 2/3 of your passes, not gaining many yards, not sustaining drives, and not scoring.

Two of our runners almost managed to get to first base; and we did hit 17 foul balls!

seriously, why don’t we send out Dillon Markiewicz and let him get some reps? it’s becoming very clear that Tommy isn’t the answer and he isn’t the quarterback that’s gonna take us where we want to go. so why not see what you have in Dillon and let him get some valuable game reps. the offense sincerely can’t be much worse.

Probably because he’d get shell shocked as a true freshman and end up losing all confidence.
I think you need a better OL before you throw a newbie into the starting position

I'm watching some of this now (god help me).

1st quarter drive that started at the 35. Lose 1, gain 6, lose 5 (penalty), DeVito doesn't pull the trigger and gets sacked, punt.

Then the turnover. We get 7 yards on 1st down, to their 7 yard line, then run the QB into a brick wall twice. I guess we really don't use tight ends.

I'll probably watch until the Rex to Harris TD and then stop torturing myself.

I love the defense. Wish they had an ounce of help from the other side.

Probably because he’d get shell shocked as a true freshman and end up losing all confidence.
I think you need a better OL before you throw a newbie into the starting position
Adjust to poor O line play. do what we did in Dino’s first year. substitute a short passing game in for your running game. i’ll never understand why we went away from that. nothing was more fun to watch than irv finding the soft spot in the defense and sitting down and waiting for the ball to move the chains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom