Something feels different... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Something feels different...

It's tough because even though Dino has struggled, the university has slowly increased his budget and support. They think he's the guy.

If Anae and Beck has the same impact that White had on the defense and Schmidt on the OL I think even with a tough schedule Cuse will have a solid year and go bowling

This is probably the first time dino has had a complete staff of really good coaches. White is an absolute stud. Think about how many games the D kept them in the game but because the offense would go 3 and out in 5 seconds, the D got gassed. I’m so excited for this season

It's tough because even though Dino has struggled, the university has slowly increased his budget and support. They think he's the guy.

If Anae and Beck has the same impact that White had on the defense and Schmidt on the OL I think even with a tough schedule Cuse will have a solid year and go bowling
As long as Dino let's Anae, and Beck run the offense, and chats with the refs SU will be fine.

I can understand the idea that if you don't think a guy is the one to get it done you hope he crashes hard enough to force the AD's hand in making a change. But I just can't have that mentality with Dino. If he wasn't making changes to his staff and if we were still recruiting the slow "under the radar" midgets we were getting with Shafer, maybe I'd want whatever it took to make a change too. What I've seen is a guy that has upgraded the entire roster despite our recruiting challenges. He made necessary staff changes on defense that paid off immediately. He made changes on the oline that seem to be paying off. And now we have new critical staff on offense with a proven track record. I'm optimitstic.

Last edited:
Honestly, I’ve gotten to the point where I hope that we lose every single game (including Wagner and UCONN) just to get Dino fired.

He’s probably not going to get fired if he has one of his typical 5-7 or 4-8 seasons. And if he has a 6-6 season-oh, God, that’ll get him a 3-5 year extension.

Rule 1: You root for SU to win.

Rule 2: See rule 1.

If you don't follow those rules, you belong on another board.

We have people of multiple generations, different religions, politics, both sexes and many locations here. The thing that unites us is that we always root for SU to win.

Last edited:
Oftentimes when it seems like something feels different, I feel a lot better after I poop.
Now THIS is what I meant to say is something the Great Al Bundy would say...(I now read that "Married with Children" may come back as an animated show...).

Rule 1: You root for SU to win.

Rule 2: See rule 1.

If you don't follow those rules, you belong on another board.

We have people of multiple generations, different religions, politics, both sexes and many locations here. The thing that unites us is that we always root for SU to win.
You said it right Steve, you and I have been through the good and very bad, but always root for the team to win.

It's a huge year for Dino, a huge year for the future of the program as well. Dino made the hires he needed to this off-season. There were plenty of points last year where I wanted him gone, but it's hard not to be optimistic about this season. If things break right I don't think 8 wins is crazy

I'd feel better if the guys behind Schrader were pushing him and getting some hype but it sounds like Del Rio-Wilson and Villari stunk it up in spring ball. I don't see an influx of talent at WR. Some of the play calling in the Liberty game I rewatched the other week was pathetic jet sweep passes to Taj Harris on 3rd and short etc.

We could do a lot of damage if we improve here but Shrader threw a ton of balls in the dirt nowhere near the WRs.

Also very worried about the DL.