Something that is bugging me | Syracusefan.com

Something that is bugging me

goodroc

Starter
some say this cant be true questioning "i was molested till i was 27" this is curious to me--- if he was making this up why would he say he was molested till 27 -- that is embarrassing --- if he was making it up wouldnt he say it stopped much earlier than that--

am i missing something

We may not be dealing with a real smart guy here. I'll tell you what is bothering me. Mark says the brother and step brother aren't close. How does he know? Because they told him? And he just believed them?

Then there is the question of Bobby going to college in Utah and as per a 2007 engagement announcement, living in Utah at that time. Why did he move back to the Syracuse area?

How the hell can you still be molested at 27? Is that even possible? And if this guy molested you in 6th grade, why are you still hanging around him 15+ years later?

some say this cant be true questioning "i was molested till i was 27" this is curious to me--- if he was making this up why would he say he was molested till 27 -- that is embarrassing --- if he was making it up wouldnt he say it stopped much earlier than that--

am i missing something
I think people have really overlooked Welsh's comments. Davis alleges these incidents occurred on the road in hotel rooms. Welsh has state unequivocally that from 1988-1991 he was Fine's roommate every trip and nothing went on. Who was Fine's roommate in the years prior? I dont know but some of this stuff alleged just seems like it would be fairly easy to disprove...i.e. roommate witnessed something, kid didnt go to final four, whatever...

am i missing something

This admittance from the accuser is also a huge disconnect for me. I have no experience in how sexual molestation affects one's being, but to allegedly have been 27 years old and still be molested (by the same dude) just seems disingenous...how does one get themselves in that precarious situation, especially, if this behavior by the accused has been going on for 15 years? With that alleged history, and as a grown man, wouldn't you not place yourself in such a voluntary unwanted position? Com on man!

At 6th grade you are way way way past the point of crying when you are in trouble like a infant does. Instead you KNOW to run away. It would take some seriously bribes to keep injuring yourself after the first or second time.

The Truth has to come out why these two are so messed up.

We may not be dealing with a real smart guy here. I'll tell you what is bothering me. Mark says the brother and step brother aren't close. How does he know? Because they told him? And he just believed them?

It just seems like if you're being molested at 27, and you have a brother in law that was also around Bernie Fine as a child, and you were coming forward way back in 2002 to go to the police, the university, and ESPN that maybe you would have brought it up way back then to your brother-in-law. Did he say he just found out his brother-in-law was abused as well?

At 6th grade you are way way way past the point of crying when you are in trouble like a infant does. Instead you KNOW to run away. It would take some seriously bribes to keep injuring yourself after the first or second time.

The Truth has to come out why these two are so messed up.

I don't know that you can say this. Lots of the Penn State victims had stuff like that happen to them more than once.

You're looking for rational thought from a guy (Davis) who in all likelihood has serious mental problems.

Davis alleges these incidents occurred on the road in hotel rooms. Welsh has state unequivocally that from 1988-1991 he was Fine's roommate every trip and nothing went on.
What about recruiting trips?

am i missing something

Like I posted earlier today, that's something I don't understand. Let's assume he was being molested until he was 27. That would have meant it was going on until 1999. He says he went to the police in 2003, but was told the statute of limitations had expired, and that's why it didn't get investigated.

I realize that it was no longer a "child molestation" case in 1999 due to the fact that he was over 19, but wouldn't it have been sexual assault? And if so, wouldn't the SOL have not yet expired? Surely the statute of limitations on sexual assault in NY is more than 4 years? If he told the police in 2003 that he had continued to be subjected to unwanted sexual contact until 1999, wouldn't/shouldn't they have at least looked into it?

I'm not sure what happened here, but this part of the story just doesn't make sense to me. Either the Syracuse Police failed to follow through properly in 2003, or the "this happened until I was 27" part was added later.

We may not be dealing with a real smart guy here.

Or he's on level 3 and he expects everyone to think this isn't something you could make up so thats why he's saying it. Ya diggg

I realize that it was no longer a "child molestation" case in 1999 due to the fact that he was over 19, but wouldn't it have been sexual assault? And if so, wouldn't the SOL have not yet expired? Surely the statute of limitations on sexual assault in NY is more than 4 years? If he told the police in 2003 that he had continued to be subjected to unwanted sexual contact until 1999, wouldn't/shouldn't they have at least looked into it?

I'm not sure what happened here, but this part of the story just doesn't make sense to me. Either the Syracuse Police failed to follow through properly in 2003, or the "this happened until I was 27" part was added later.

Was just thinking about this today.

Or he's on level 3 and he expects everyone to think this isn't something you could make up so thats why he's saying it. Ya diggg

Lol...one hell of an actor. He should star in Forrest Gump 2

I don't know that you can say this. Lots of the Penn State victims had stuff like that happen to them more than once.
Penn State victims were at risk kids that didn't have a place to go, and when they could run away they broke off contact and did so, most of them were 13-14 when this happened if you read the grand jury report.

Penn State victims were at risk kids that didn't have a place to go, and when they could run away they broke off contact and did so, most of them were 13-14 when this happened if you read the grand jury report.

That's true, but it's certainly possible that these accusers may have been at risk too?

Larger point wasn't to say the situations weren't exactly the same, and you're definitely right about the age thing. The claim that this went on till age 27 is...strange. But I believe there have been kids molested for extended periods of time, who weren't able to get away or tell someone right away. May have been ashamed, etc.

In other words, I don't think it is damning of the accusers to say that they were 12 or 13 when this first started, and because they didn't say anything right away they're probably lying, because anyone in that situation would say something.

Now to let it go until 27? Different story.

Like I posted earlier today, that's something I don't understand. Let's assume he was being molested until he was 27. That would have meant it was going on until 1999. He says he went to the police in 2003, but was told the statute of limitations had expired, and that's why it didn't get investigated.

I made the same argument yesterday but then checked the law. Sexual assault has a 5 year SOL which would not have expired in 2003 for acts in 1998 and 1999 when Davis was 26 and 27. However, masterbating someone may be defined as forcible touching which only has a 2 year SOL and would have been expired in 2003 for all acts when Davis was 27. I guess this is why I want to know what investigation the SPD did in 2003, because that question is going to be asked sooner or later and the DA is already asking that question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom