Something to make you smile in a depressing week for SU sports | Syracusefan.com

Something to make you smile in a depressing week for SU sports

His number should definitely go to the rafters
He was just so much fun to watch and root for. His lore grows.

I’m sure others would have issues based on varying criteria, but at the end of the day I would look at his jersey in the rafters and smile.

He was one of the most productive players in school history in basically three full seasons during a relatively porous stretch. Arguably the team mvp his entire 4 years.

couldn't last a season cuz he was too stubborn to slide. great competor yes. best decision maker? no.

It’s interesting the posters who feel they need to poop on ED b/c they’re so sensitive to how TD looks.
it's not pooping on him to say that the lineman who graduated were also good. there are lots of posters who seem to think they didn't matter at all

One thing I noticed watching this was that Dungey keeps his eyes down field, despite the pass rush in his face... He didn’t care that he might get popped, he’s looking for his receiver. Dude was a warrior.

it's not pooping on him to say that the lineman who graduated were also good. there are lots of posters who seem to think they didn't matter at all

I don’t recall reading any posts like that, seems the consensus has been all year long that this line is terrible and it was better last year.

It was better, but the OL last year wasn't that great, either. Dungey made it look a little better than it was. How many times did he make something out of nothing? Why do you think Nykeim and Riley "aren't as good" this year? He was a special player and elevated the play of his teammates.

Last edited:
It was better, but the OL last year wasn't that great, either. Dungey made it look a little better than it was. How many times did he make something out of nothing? He was a special player.
This great, but the entire SU community got great news this week which transcends the disappointment in our football record and Men's hoop opener when we learned Tina was declared cancer free. I will love and follow my slma mater until I die, no matter the record, but I will root for success off the field or court for our entire Orange community and nothing Trump's her great news!

Rafters worthy for sure. When he played, we won quite a few football games in an era where we werent used to winning football games. Especially if the Dungey era turns out to be a blip on the radar in terms of wins, he'll get there.

thought same amazing how many great plays Harris made last year as well as Johnson. Now they aren’t big or fast enough...funny

Add Riley to the list. It's as if they're not the same humans.

It really was depressing to watch those clips. We were so explosive.

On the bright side, it's clearly not ARob or Cam Dantley throwing the ball this year, so there should be better upside once we get the OL figured out.

Hope he gets a shot in the big show and leaves all the NFL brain trusts scratching their heads on how he slipped by them.

Hope he gets a shot in the big show and leaves all the NFL brain trusts scratching their heads on how he slipped by them.
hope he comes back and coaches. he is a very bright guy with a very bright future, no matter what he tries to do---i do have a selfish feeling that he should not play football due to his concussion and injury history.---

He definitely deserves to be in the rafters. The kid isn't just one of the best Cuse players in history. His stats put him up there with best in ACC history. Shouldn't even be a conversation honestly

He definitely deserves to be in the rafters. The kid isn't just one of the best Cuse players in history. His stats put him up there with best in ACC history. Shouldn't even be a conversation honestly
He won like 15 games in 4 years

Deserving or not I am sure if his number goes into the rafters it will be in 2048 because well... SU stinks at retiring jerseys

One thing I noticed watching this was that Dungey keeps his eyes down field, despite the pass rush in his face... He didn’t care that he might get popped, he’s looking for his receiver. Dude was a warrior.
And he was dropping dimes while doing it. Amazing. Dude could throw

retiring his number would be insanity
As a season ticket holder since 87. I strongly disagree. He missed about 12 or so games to injury during his career . If not for that he would have broke a bunch of records. His impact on the team was as important as any player I have watched. All you need to do as look at our record with ED starting and him on the bench.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom