Song of the Day II | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Song of the Day II

What do this song, "Ms. Grace" (posted up above) and Janis Joplin's "Half Moon" have in common?

Just out of curiosity, are you boycotting Youtube? How come you went with the Bing link! You made me work for that video! :)
Yeah, sorry. I drained all the life out of my ipad, and got a fire tablet for much less $. Definitely not as user friendly for the board. I'm kinda lazy about it.

John Hall?
Yes! All were written by John and Johanna Hall, his first wife, with whom he still collaborates. They also wrote "Power," the anthem of the No Nukes movement, as well as numerous songs for Orleans and the John Hall Band.

Last edited:
I think it was early 1971, in the Crouse College Auditorium, when Joni Mitchell performed this incredibly-moving song. It had not yet been released, but would be later that year on Blue. To me, it's the perfect expression of loneliness at Christmas time. Now, it finally has a video that does it justice:

Yes! All were written by John and Johanna Hall, his first wife, with whom he still collaborates. They also wrote "Power," the anthem of the No Nukes movement, as well as numerous songs for Orleans and the John Hall Band.

He had a bit of a political career. Also, a bit of a drug problem too.

Not only have we Bolsheviks over at Delaware Liberal declared a ceasefire in our annual War Against Christmas, I've even found time to post my annual list of my 50 Fave Tunes. Presented, as always, in reverse numerical order, and featuring a Spotify list of the Faves. Enjoy!:

‘Bulo’s Fave Tunes Of 2021: The Top Ten!! : Delaware Liberal
If they are all from 2021, before looking at the list, I'm going to guess that I'll be able to identify 2/50.

EDIT: Nailed it. I knew the Bruno Mars, et al, song, and I think I've heard the Jon Batiste song before, although I could be wrong. Maybe 1.5/50 is more accurate. I checked out The Accidentals to see if it was a cover of the Michael Martin Murphey hit, "Wildfire", but alas, it was not.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom