Song of the Day II | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Song of the Day II

They’ll be in Montreal in October. Looks like I have plans for the 12th now.
We're gonna be out in Portland Oregon in September. By pure coincidence, they're playing there when we're out there. Got three tickets (one for our daughter who lives there). Since Portland is pretty much the last remaining non-Live Nation major city in the country, the tix were only $46 apiece.

I never knew this was a cover. :eek:
Nick was in that band before he was a solo artist and in Rockpile. He and bandmate Ian Gomm wrote it. That's the original version. Nick's in the back of that photo.

Brinsley Schwarz was a fine band and it's worth checking out their albums, cuseattle . They never broke through commercially, but arguably helped pave the way for country rock and the Americana genres. Brinsley Schwarz (the person) and a few others here would go on to form the Rumour, and were Graham Parker's band on his early albums, several of which were produced by Nick Lowe. Schwarz is a brilliant guitarist and created the scorching guitar work on those Parker records.

For my money, this album is as good as it gets. Produced by Dave Edmunds. Criminally underrated band that didn't deserve to exist on the fringes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom