Song of the Day II | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Song of the Day II

Mary Weiss recorded a nice album of new music about 15 years ago after being out of the music business for many years. Big voice.

I bought my first Bonnie Raitt album when I was at SU in the mid 70's...vinyl, and I still have it. She and Laura Nero caught my ear around the same time. 'Linda baby' Ronstadt caught my eyes and ears a few years earlier.

1707189767762.png

Last edited:
listened to this Sound Opinions show NPR last night.
GIVE THE DRUMMER SOME (60 min.s)
What role do drums play in Rock? Should that be keeping the beat or leading from the front? Who are some of the greatest drummers in rock music? The beat goes on as Jim DeRogatis and Greg Kot focus on the contributions of drummers to rock music with drummer Joe Wong. Wong also hosts a podcast on drummers called The Trap Set. There’s also an interview with Bernard Purdie.
if like vicki sue robinson you love to hear percussion ...
link :Sound Opinions #951: Give the Drummer Some

Last edited:
Cover tune Friday. This one is interesting. I like Aztec camera.

listened to this Sound Opinions show NPR last night.
GIVE THE DRUMMER SOME (60 min.s)
What role do drums play in Rock? Should that be keeping the beat or leading from the front? Who are some of the greatest drummers in rock music? The beat goes on as Jim DeRogatis and Greg Kot focus on the contributions of drummers to rock music with drummer Joe Wong. Wong also hosts a podcast on drummers called The Trap Set. There’s also an interview with Bernard Purdie.
if like vicki sue robinson you love to hear percussion ...
link :Sound Opinions #951: Give the Drummer Some
Amy Rigby used to be married to drummer Will Rigby (The dB's). The union, uh, did not last. When she did a concert in my town, she ran off a string of drummer jokes, like:

"What do you call a woman who is constantly on the arm of a drummer?"

"A tattoo."

Another one:

"How do you get the drummer off your porch?"
"Pay him for the pizza."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics