Sooo...just how good are we? | Syracusefan.com

Sooo...just how good are we?

SWC75

Bored Historian
I like the results, except that third period vs. Western Michigan. I Iike the combination of veteran experience and exciting young talent. I like the growing confidence and the joy of finally giving the other teams some of what we've had to take for years. I even like the fact that we haven't been perfect: there are things we can get better at that aren't permanent weaknesses: we're going to get better and batter as the season progresses, instead of falling apart. We could be one of the surprise trams in the country. The '87 team went from 5-6 to 11-0. Could this be that type of season?

But...We've beaten a tremendously inconsistent Western Michigan team, (7-34, 35-21, 3-49, 68-0), a Wagner team that probably belongs back in Division III, the worst Florida State team since the early 70's and are about to beat a UCONN team that belongs back in the Yankee Conference. I don't think we'll know how good we are or aren't until we visit Clemson. And i don't think the country will, either.

I even like the fact that we haven't been perfect: there are things we can get better at that aren't permanent weaknesses: we're going to get better and batter as the season progresses, instead of falling apart.
This is the biggest reason to me for optimism.

We haven't hit our crest. It's clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom