Sooo...we spent a full week in Fort Drum | Syracusefan.com

Sooo...we spent a full week in Fort Drum

44PRIDE

All Conference
By missing a bowl game in 2011, we ended up missing out on 15 free practices (i think) associated with that game. This means we were already behind the curve going into 2012.

Hindsight being 20/20, it may not have been the greatest idea in the world to waste a full week in Ft Drum. Rather than shooting guns and pulling trucks, their time may have been better spent installing a goal-line package, or working on fundamentals.

But hey, at least our guys know how to paintball...

By missing a bowl game in 2011, we ended up missing out on 15 free practices (i think) associated with that game. This means we were already behind the curve going into 2012.

Hindsight being 20/20, it may not have been the greatest idea in the world to waste a full week in Ft Drum. Rather than shooting guns and pulling trucks, their time may have been better spent installing a goal-line package, or working on fundamentals.

C'mon man, really? The Ft Drum experience was more about the team unifying. It isn't like they weren't working their balls off. What's the sense in installing a goal-line package when you don't use it?

Or possibly going to Drum will help these young men realize that it takes team work and if a guy is down you don't kick him. I haven't seen it or maybe I missed it but these kids seem to be sticking together and not playing the blame game.

I believe they practiced football. It wasn't all GI Joe. So instead of playing with guns on XBox at home in their free time, they were playing with real guns.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I'm not the biggest Marrone fan but didn't someone already explain we practiced the full amount of hours we were allowed to. The Fort Drum stuff just took the place of whatever the players would have been doing in their down time? Can we move on?

You're only allowed so many practices no matter where you practice

They conducted the same practices at Ft Drum that they would have done at Manley.

There are far too many legitimate reasons to be upset about this season to make this kind of post.

Or you could argue that Ft Drum helped unify these kids to keep them together in times where we lose due to a ton of turnovers/dumb mistakes...

They didn't miss any practice time,.

Jesus, the BS that people come up with on this board.

Or possibly going to Drum will help these young men realize that it takes team work and if a guy is down you don't kick him. I haven't seen it or maybe I missed it but these kids seem to be sticking together and not playing the blame game.

There are a lot of people that could use that lesson.

Or you could argue that Ft Drum helped unify these kids to keep them together in times where we lose due to a ton of turnovers/dumb mistakes...

They may have learned unity from the military to keep the team together due to a ton turnovers/dumb mistakes...however they sure didn't learn discipline form the Army not to make those turnovers/dumb mistakes!!

I'm not the biggest Marrone fan but didn't someone already explain we practiced the full amount of hours we were allowed to. The Fort Drum stuff just took the place of whatever the players would have been doing in their down time? Can we move on?

Glad someone remembered the previous 29 threads asking (and answering) this question. How many times does this have to be repeated? Golly.

Amen brother. That is what is nice to see about this team right now. One of the greatest things I saw at Ft Drum was how much the team seemed to truly enjoy each other.

Now is the time that those experiences are so important...