Soooo . . . . | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Soooo . . . .

Ronaldo is not going to be 100%. He might not even be able to play the first game against Germany. I like our chances against Portugal without him. Ghana is a toss up. I will give you Germany but a tie might suffice in that one, and Germany will likely rest their first team in that one since they will likely have won the group by then.

I agree with this.

I think we can beat Ghana (but they can just as easily beat us).

Portugal without CR is like the Cavaliers ex Lebron. Without him, they drop several levels. Doesn't mean we will beat them but we would have a much better shot.

I disagree about Germany. For one, I don't think the Germans know how to play at half-speed. #2, even their second team is better than us.

I agree with this.

Portugal without CR is like the Cavaliers ex Lebron. Without him, they drop several levels. Doesn't mean we will beat them but we would have a much better shot.

I disagree about Germany. For one, I don't think the Germans know how to play at half-speed. #2, even their second team is better than us.
Portugal without Mr. crybaby = VERY beatable.

Really? Show me one post where I said that. In fact, I agree with you that the US is not going to get out of their group and I have posted as much. I just don't feel the need to post it multiple times.

Great. Disagreeing with me doesn't bother me. Posting like a broken record does.

How about something else? Some analysis on yesterday's game? Tons to talk about after that performance yesterday. Some thoughts on today's games?

If all you've got is "The US won't get out of the group", then I'll just hit the ignore button and be done with you.
hey, I have an opinion like you! no hard feelings. My reasoning is that Ghana, Portugal, germany are better teams than the states.

the refs where brutal... Brazil's back line is very vulnerable espcially Luiz.

who likes the U.S. chances if they face Brazil in the Round of 16 knockout game? That was one bad call by the Ref on that penalty.

If the U.S. can get out of its group, they will likely face Belgium in the Round of 16.

After last night's showing, nobody should be scared of Brazil.

Ugly. Inexcusably ugly. I guess that's what you get when you build a stadium at the last minute in the middle of nowhere. I think we play Portugal there, if I remember correctly. Maybe our experience playing in crappy Central American pitches (I'm looking at you, Honduras) will work to our advantage.

Playing on artificial turf helps us, too. Slower than the rain slicked pitches in England, for sure. England will be hurt by playing Italy on a terrible field, but it will certainly help us slow down Ronaldo.

Again, this is being completely realistic

Your not beating Ghana Portugal or Germany.

Awful call. Croatia played well, and Croatia is a better team than US.

Don't be silly. We just beat Nigeria. Ghana is certainly do-able. Michael Essien is not the same player he was 4 years ago. Neither is Boateng. Our midfield will be able to match theirs.

If Ronaldo is hurt (left practice early yesterday with ice on his bad knee), then Portugal become a fairly ordinary side. Professional and competent, but not a team to induce fear in an opponent.

Ronaldo is not going to be 100%. He might not even be able to play the first game against Germany. I like our chances against Portugal without him. Ghana is a toss up. I will give you Germany but a tie might suffice in that one, and Germany will likely rest their first team in that one since they will likely have won the group by then.

My bet is that Ronaldo plays his heart out against Germany because that's their only hope. And that's hopefully when he really hurts himself and is done for our game.

Germany's third team > USA

IMO.

It will be an upset if you beat Ghana, Portugal or Germany. Upsets can defenitely happen!

Well, we beat Germany's second team last year 4-3, so I think your hyperbole is a little misplaced.

I agree with this.

I'm hoping the game against Germany is irrelevant to whether we advance. Taking care of business in the first 2 games will make it so. It's a tough road for sure but that's what makes it so exciting. Nothing worse in WC than the 3rd game in the group stage where you have no chance to advance.

How many good players are either injured or simply not in it this year? I miss Ibra ! And my Ukrainians!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom