Sorry Nate Mink | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Sorry Nate Mink

Yup, lots of successful programs banking on the diamond in the rough. Have you ever heard the X's & O's/Jimmys & Joes. I'm sure you have heard this adage and where it ends up.
It’s Darryl Royal but back to the original point. I thought Morgan was ok last year in an impossible situation and I have hopes for #10 and 11.

It’s Darryl Royal but back to the original point. I thought Morgan was ok last year in an impossible situation and I have hopes for #10 and 11.
Morgan is still raw and needs to learn but from what I saw last year I think he has a higher upside vs Tommy or Shrader.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL Ok. Fine. Dino is doing a great job. Nothing to see here.
Yeah, didn't say that. I just think it's funny that the criticism is "he can't win with a QB he recruited" - when he won 10 with one he didn't.

Perhaps dino is sticking with TD for being loyal and not leaving when better schools came calling and is why he is loyal to him now like TD was when being recruited.

Agreed. We got REALLY lucky w Nassib, and with Dungey.

Both dramatically outplayed their recruiting rankings for us.

Tommy was an Elite Eleven QB, and had he not committed so early to us, he absolutely would have had a boatload more high P5 offers -
he even told ATM "thanks, but no thanks" when they sniffed around after he'd committed to Cuse.
This is a new one - if TD hadn't committed early he would have had a boatload of high P5 offers. If the OL could block. If only the wide receivers could catch the ball. If the coaches would just call better plays, to showcase TD's skill set. What next?

This is a new one - if TD hadn't committed early he would have had a boatload of high P5 offers. If the OL could block. If only the wide receivers could catch the ball. If the coaches would just call better plays, to showcase TD's skill set. What next?
- He had late Texas A&M offer to go along with BC, Rutgers, and Maryland.
- The OL in 2019 and 2020 couldn't block for him or the guys that took his place after he got hurt.
- I'm less inclined to the WR argument. But Dungey did have more proven weapons (older WRs).
- I don't know about calling better plays, but the OC was fired between 2019 and 2020 - so it would seem something wasn't right.

- The OL in 2019 and 2020 couldn't block for him or the guys that took his place after he got hurt.
- I'm less inclined to the WR argument. But Dungey did have more proven weapons (older WRs).
- I don't know about calling better plays, but the OC was fired between 2019 and 2020 - so it would seem something wasn't right.

The OL has been mediocre since Pugh left in 2012 or so. We have developed zero O-Lineman in 8ish years. Back in the day we had one going to the NFL yearly. This shouldn't be hard. The big uglies can be found north of the mason dixon line. We need to develop them again.

Not sure how well we can pass block this year. Rutgers did have 6 sacks vs our 32 pass attempts, or 1 sack for every 5.33 attempts. Now Rutgers is a team that will bring a lot of pressure so that needs to be taken into consideration. They are more likely to get sacks than the average D. But that sack rate vs Rutgers is worse than our P5 rate the last 2 seasons.

2020 35 sacks for 296 attempts, 1 in 8.46
2019 44 sacks for 302 attempts, 1 in 6.86

The fact that we were sacked only 1 time vs Ohio and Albany isn't really proof.

This season is just beginning; we are 2-1 with a tough home game upcoming on Friday against Liberty, a football program masquerading as a university.

Let’s continue to have opinions, in this thread.

The reality is that HCDB will ultimately be judged by the total body of work in this season; shorter time period if we go into a free fall.

I believe we should support this team and coaching staff to have the best season they can muster up.

Some may think, why post this; my answer, I love Syracuse Football ever since seeing my first game live in Archbold where Floyd Little stared in beating the Gale Sayers led Kansas Jayhawks.

I want a good season for the players, hard working coaches, staff and for all the diehard Cuse Football fans!

Go Orange

Attachments

• 671C1450-F33B-4C15-9FEF-DB86BC245BD0.gif
    671C1450-F33B-4C15-9FEF-DB86BC245BD0.gif
    671.3 KB · Views: 73