Sorry Nate Mink | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Sorry Nate Mink

I was referring to TD in that game.
If you look at my past posts I’ve said Dungy can be serviceable when things are going well (2nd half FSU) and that’s not what we need come ACC play. We need something more.

2 things- dino is setting this up perfectly so that when Tommy plays well against Albany (which he should) then it gives him the ability to say tommy earned it and stick with his guy. This is convenient and not a coincidence.

2nd- If eric dungey had this defense at any point during his career where they hold teams to 7 and 17 points, would they seriously have lost any games because I don’t think so... talk about the games tommy came in all you want... he blew it against WMU and Jamal custis made one catch on a prayer from tommy against unc. People also forget about that interception he threw that almost and should have cost them the game with 2 minutes to go.

this is just all so frustrating to continue to have dino not give someone else a chance

Let lamson, morgan, tex and shrader each play 1 quarter per game the rest of the year over devito getting another snap. I realize he's not the whole problem but for F*&# sake we know what we have in him, and it ain't it. What's the best case scenario, he plays the rest of the year and our ceiling is 3, maybe 4 wins (but most likely 2 wins), and none of the under class-men get meaningful snaps? Nah, I'm good on that, and I think the rest of the cuse faithful is too.

IMO Dino will be gone next year after a two win season. The next HC will not be starting TD so I imagine he will go to the portal.
We will win more then 2

Because he should be the starter this year
Solid logic. Especially given a second transfer causing him to sit out a year.

Seriously, the doomsday panicy nature of this board is crazy at times.

There’s also no shot Tommy is here for a 6th year. Something will have to give.

Yup. It’s tiresome. When SU is playing well, this board is a fun place to read and post and enjoy the ride. And sometimes, even when SU is not playing well, it’s a good place to get some depth of understanding regarding why, and what might be a more reasonable outlook than what I typically hear on the street. But lately in the last two weeks, it’s almost unreadable. I spend all of my time just trying to find a thread that isn’t bashing everyone or as you say, predicting worse case scenarios based on their own negative views.

Oh well. Go Orange!
It’s been 20 years can you blame us!!?? I’m sorry but I have 0 faith devito is going to bring us bowling .. zero. Either give garret schrader the keys and see what he honestly can do or let one of the young bucks play for the future, cuz I doubt financially we fire dino .

Last edited:

That may be so but college kids don't always make the best decision.

Shrader could transfer to an FCS down south closer to home and play next year.

Or he could stay and compete with Morgan and Lamson for the spot next year, as I presume TD will move on.

i think this team can get to 4 wins w no mental gymnastics. Will need upgraded qb work to get above that. Very curious how they Get there

Let lamson, morgan, tex and shrader each play 1 quarter per game the rest of the year over devito getting another snap. I realize he's not the whole problem but for F*&# sake we know what we have in him, and it ain't it. What's the best case scenario, he plays the rest of the year and our ceiling is 3, maybe 4 wins (but most likely 2 wins), and none of the under class-men get meaningful snaps? Nah, I'm good on that, and I think the rest of the cuse faithful is too.
I understand your frustration but a quarter per game the rest of the year won't happen and might yield worse results. Would love to see TD get the first 2 drives this game with all the starters, then Schrader gets the rest of the first half. Split the second half between the the other 3. (Assuming we have a big lead) But reality tells me the score will be something like 14-3 at halftime and TD stays in for most of the second half. Schrader finishes the game out in the 4th and we're all very unsatisfied with this win and wondering if we'll be able to beat Liberty next week or anyone else the rest of the year.

I understand your frustration but a quarter per game the rest of the year won't happen and might yield worse results. Would love to see TD get the first 2 drives this game with all the starters, then Schrader gets the rest of the first half. Split the second half between the the other 3. (Assuming we have a big lead) But reality tells me the score will be something like 14-3 at halftime and TD stays in for most of the second half. Schrader finishes the game out in the 4th and we're all very unsatisfied with this win and wondering if we'll be able to beat Liberty next week or anyone else the rest of the year.
You forgot to add that Dino will tell us all how well Tommy managed the game and will be the started the rest of the season

It isn’t just whether or not he knows what he has in TD, I’m sure he does. Maybe he feels GS is no better. I mean to suggest otherwise is to suggest that (a) Babers can’t recognize QB ability, and/or (b) he doesn’t want to play the guy who would give the team the best chance to win. Both assertions are, in my mind, ludicrous.

Certainly TD, who was hurt virtually all of last year, has not really had great success this year, and maybe you start him because he gives you your best chance to win, but has to perform the way he has been in practice. I don’t know. You don’t know. That’s the point. But to suggest you bench him in favor of the guy who clearly has not claimed the position, is, well, bizarre.
More bizarre than continually failing to address the most important position in football??

More bizarre than continually failing to address the most important position in football??
Failing to address? I didn’t realize SU wasn’t holding practices since early August.

I don't think SU will win an ACC game with TD as the starter. Hope I'm wrong but not expecting it to happen.

It all depends on the line. If the offensive line is ok and healthy and does a good job vs. Liberty and the D keeps their terrific QB under control, then I think we might win a couple (a few?) in the ACC.

From where I sit, I think that a lot of good things have to come together in the next couple weeks for us to be competitive against the ACC. Some of that has to happen with the coaches. Some of it is the players, but some of it is clearly coaching, and specifically offensive play calling.

If you look at my past posts I’ve said Dungy can be serviceable when things are going well (2nd half FSU) and that’s not what we need come ACC play. We need something more.
Dungey? I’m confused.

Failing to address? I didn’t realize SU wasn’t holding practices since early August.
LOL not what I was saying. Look at the QBs Dino has brought in over the last 3 years. Notice anything?? Shrader is the first one with P5 talent that he's brought in.

LOL not what I was saying. Look at the QBs Dino has brought in over the last 3 years. Notice anything?? Shrader is the first one with P5 talent that he's brought in.
Perhaps a bit early to make such a blanket statement, don't you think?