South Florida AD Doug Woolard wants more stability in Big East ...‎ | Syracusefan.com

South Florida AD Doug Woolard wants more stability in Big East ...‎

Well, that's stupid. Instablity is awesome for programs like USF. Look what instability has brought them: USF wasn't playing D-1A football 15 years ago. They get a shot to join C-USA because of conference instability. Then they get to move up to the Big East and join a BCS-level league in their 8th year of existence!

Every time one of the power leagues grabs someone a school like USF gets to move up a level. Hell, they may end up in the Big XII someday if this keeps up.

“Reframe, refocus, set the tone and move forward,” Bailey said was the group’s mission, according to TBO.com. “The Big East is very focused on making sure that the perception out there isn’t (one of disarray). From the meetings I’ve been in, it’s not at all. It’s a very cohesive, very focused group.”

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-05-22/south-florida-conference-realignment-doug-woolard-ad-stability#ixzz1vdUhk9cF

I'm curious what he actually said that they paraphrased into "(one of disarray)". Think it began with "cluster"?

I would like a pony.
I would like $1,000,000,000 and JLH delivered to me by midnight or else the Big East will become an ill-concieved band of misfits.

Well, that's stupid. Instablity is awesome for programs like USF. Look what instability has brought them: USF wasn't playing D-1A football 15 years ago. They get a shot to join C-USA because of conference instability. Then they get to move up to the Big East and join a BCS-level league in their 8th year of existence!

Every time one of the power leagues grabs someone a school like USF gets to move up a level. Hell, they may end up in the Big XII someday if this keeps up.

It's all so ironic. The Big East would be more stable if they weren't forced to program build schools like USF. Love the quote though.

If it turns out the FSU to the B12 is B.S., USF makes more sense for the B12 than a lot of schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom