South Florida Message Boards | Syracusefan.com

South Florida Message Boards

LeMoyneCuse

All American
I've been poking around their sites to see what their fans are saying about us.

They're at the same level of misery and hopelessness about their season that UCONN fans are.

This is a very winnable game on Saturday, and I hope SU is even better in Tampa than they were in Syracuse.

Winnable implies that we aren't likely to win. I know it's a roadie, but this is a game I expect to win.

This may be the worst defense we play all year, with Northwestern being the other candidate. They create almost no turnovers (less than us).

Offensively, they have little at the skill position that should scare us. Andre Davis is an ok WR
but he hasn't done anything since the Rutgers game. And their best RB is Lindsay Lamar? Yikes.

We are the better football team. Keep it even TO wise, and we will go down there and improve to 3-1 in conference.

Winnable implies that we aren't likely to win. I know it's a roadie, but this is a game I expect to win.

This may be the worst defense we play all year, with Northwestern being the other candidate. They create almost no turnovers (less than us).

Offensively, they have little at the skill position that should scare us. Andre Davis is an ok WR
but he hasn't done anything since the Rutgers game. And their best RB is Lindsay Lamar? Yikes.

We are the better football team. Keep it even TO wise, and we will go down there and improve to 3-1 in conference.
good opportunity to keep going with balanced offense. they're not good at defending either.

I said winnable because I don't make predictions. I think we'll do well on Saturday night.

I watched most of USF-Rutgers last month, and all I remember were the lack of playmakers on either side of the ball (aside from BJ Daniels).

This is a show me game. Show me you're the better team against an opponent you can beat on the road a week after beating an opponent you were better than at home.

I said winnable because I don't make predictions. I think we'll do well on Saturday night.

I watched most of USF-Rutgers last month, and all I remember were the lack of playmakers on either side of the ball (aside from BJ Daniels).

This is a show me game. Show me you're the better team against an opponent you can beat on the road a week after beating an opponent you were better than at home.

Completely fair take. Agreed its a show me game. It would be very nice to get a bit of momentum going into The crucial last 1/3 of the season.

Agree this to me is the definition of a show me game, this is the type of game SU hasnt been winning under Marrone/Nassib. Great opportunity to put back to back wins on the board, we really cant afford to lay an egg here.

SU can be a better team when it secures the ball and plays well on special teams. The NW game is a perfect example. For some reason when they play on the road the turnover margin becomes disastrous. They have an opportunity to change that this weekend against USF, but it's something that's easier said than done. They need to make it happen.

SU can be a better team when it secures the ball and plays well on special teams. The NW game is a perfect example. For some reason when they play on the road the turnover margin becomes disastrous. They have an opportunity to change that this weekend against USF, but it's something that's easier said than done. They need to do it.

Its easier said than done for sure, but it helps to be playing a defense that is horrendous at creating TOs. You would think by sheer dumb luck they could have managed atleast 1 interception in 7 games.

If my memory isn't completely shot, I seem to recall we used Diabate or Shamarko to shadow Daniels last year. Regardless, our DL will have to be really conscious about containing him in the pocket, especially on 3rd & long situations. I don't think he's capable of beating us with his arm.

Davis is their best WR, but he and Daniels have had several run-ins. I watched quit a bit of the 2nd half of the game against Louisville and I kept wondering where Davis was. Seemed BJ was throwing in everyone's direction but his.

If my memory isn't completely shot, I seem to recall we used Diabate or Shamarko to shadow Daniels last year. Regardless, our DL will have to be really conscious about containing him in the pocket, especially on 3rd & long situations. I don't think he's capable of beating us with his arm.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we seem to have done a real good job of containing QB's this year. Now, it's not like we've played against a lot of running QB's (other than NW, all have been pocket passers), but still QB's have done little with their feet against us.

I've been poking around their sites to see what their fans are saying about us.

They're at the same level of misery and hopelessness about their season that UCONN fans are.

This is a very winnable game on Saturday, and I hope SU is even better in Tampa than they were in Syracuse.

Not just winnable--but a game that we absolutely HAVE to win to get to bowl eligibility, given the remaining schedule.

Not just winnable--but a game that we absolutely HAVE to win to get to bowl eligibility, given the remaining schedule.

Agreed 1000%

USF and Temple are two must wins. We need to have a mild upset in one of the other 3 games.

USf had no answer for buttgers pressure D so I hope we bring it just like we did against uconn.

Thing that worries me is they're a jekyll Hyde type team and i fear well get the good USf

Agree this to me is the definition of a show me game, this is the type of game SU hasnt been winning under Marrone/Nassib WON IN A PHUCKING DECADE! Great opportunity to put back to back wins on the board, we really cant afford to lay an egg here.

Fixed.

Agreed 1000%

USF and Temple are two must wins. We need to have a mild upset in one of the other 3 games.

If we can take care of business and secure those two wins, I like our chances getting one more against Cincy, L-ville and Mizzou. And more importantly, if we can beat USF and Cincy the next two games, it should get the locals fired up for our last home date with L-ville on 11/10 which will be Senior Day.

Yet we are a 5-6 point underdog, again not as far along as many would hope... Sure it's a winnable game but it will be a tough win because quite frankly they aren't that good but then again nor are we.. yet

If we can take care of business and secure those two wins, I like our chances getting one more against Cincy, L-ville and Mizzou. And more importantly, if we can beat USF and Cincy the next two games, it should get the locals fired up for our last home date with L-ville on 11/10 which will be Senior Day.

I liked our chances last year when all we needed was one game to go to a bowl. Then we saw how that turned out. I'm taking the rest of this season game by game.

There are no gimmes for this team. They have shown repeatedly that they can beat themselves. One game at a time. They need to show that they can play well two weeks in row.

This...if that happens and the game gets moved to 3:30pm or later and we could see 44k legit in the stands

Agree this to me is the definition of a show me game, this is the type of game SU hasnt been winning under Marrone/Nassib. Great opportunity to put back to back wins on the board, we really cant afford to lay an egg here.
Actually in 2010 they did win thses games so stop distorting the facts.

Actually in 2010 they did win thses games so stop distorting the facts.

Oh god, no one is distorting facts that was one year out of the past decade plus so cut the crap.

Oh god, no one is distorting facts that was one year out of the past decade plus so cut the crap.

And it's not like the wins against South Florida/WVU/Rutgers were convincing that year. They were white knuckle victories where we scored 13, 19, and 13 points. The winning margins were 4, 5, and 3.

The defense played well, and the offense did just enough. Didn't Nassib throw for like 66 yards against WVU or something like that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom