South Florida Message Boards | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

South Florida Message Boards

And it's not like the wins against South Florida/WVU/Rutgers were convincing that year. They were white knuckle victories where we scored 13, 19, and 13 points. The winning margins were 4, 5, and 3.

The defense played well, and the offense did just enough. Didn't Nassib throw for like 66 yards against WVU or something like that?

Yes you are 100% correct, our D carried us big time especially against WVU when honestly we couldnt even get a first down in the second half. ALso remember that we followed up two of those victories USF and RU with bad losses the followign week at home (Pitt and Uconn). I think most people were pretty impressed with how this team finally went out and dominated a BE opponent and took care of business on all fronts. But lets not get crazy Uconn is not a great team and we need to follow that up with a good performance this Saturday to show that win wasnt just a terrible Uconn team who quit. We have a chance to really get this season back on track Saturday and prove this team is taking that next step.

Agree this to me is the definition of a show me game, this is the type of game SU hasnt been winning under Marrone/Nassib. Great opportunity to put back to back wins on the board, we really cant afford to lay an egg here.
...as was last week's game against Yukon. Keep the train rolling!

And it's not like the wins against South Florida/WVU/Rutgers were convincing that year. They were white knuckle victories where we scored 13, 19, and 13 points. The winning margins were 4, 5, and 3.

The defense played well, and the offense did just enough. Didn't Nassib throw for like 66 yards against WVU or something like that?

I think he was pointing out that its inaccurate to say Marrone/Nassib haven't closed out must win games on the road in their careers. This year, not so much - but 2010 was a lot of close wins on the road.

I'll take close wins, blowouts, defensive victories - all of the above on the road.

Its easier said than done for sure, but it helps to be playing a defense that is horrendous at creating TOs. You would think by sheer dumb luck they could have managed atleast 1 interception in 7 games.

Yea, one of the things that concerns me is that USF is probably primed to play their most focused game of the season so far. They should have played much better than they have so far, and I expect that as a team they have hit their bottom and are willing to do whatever it takes.

SU needs to come out right away and play with even more focus than it showed during the UConn game. For all of the great things that happened against UConn the first quarter was disappointing. Things could have turned the other way early in a heart beat. For example, Desir does an excellent job with a nice punt return, and on the first snap the QB fumbles the center exchange and the ball is on the ground. That kind of loss of focus cannot happen on the road.

This...if that happens and the game gets moved to 3:30pm or later and we could see 44k legit in the stands

If we win the next two I would hope the dome would be sold out, hell I was looking at how much it would cost to fly out of Madison/Milwaukee for that one. First things first beat USF then hope bad Munchie shows up for our game.

Yet we are a 5-6 point underdog, again not as far along as many would hope... Sure it's a winnable game but it will be a tough win because quite frankly they aren't that good but then again nor are we.. yet

Disagree. You have been watching a good football team. Mistake prone, but good.

There are two things that give me hope in this game.

1. Holtz is their coach

2. BJ, while having lots of physical skills, may be the most mentally inconsistent college QB currently playing the game. Makes Nunes look like an absolute magician.

Put early pressure on BJ, hopefully hit him a couple of times early, and his game has a tendency to go to hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom