Southerland appeal update...sort of... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Southerland appeal update...sort of...

no decision until monday???? someone needs to start firing some people. If I have serious work to do, I do it on the weekends. The kid deserves an answer. Even if its in the negative.
Don't confuse his need to know with your need to know.

wonder why people drag their feet so much. After the hearing I'd imagine your decision would be made... is this unanimous?
They are practicing to be politicians!

Yeah. They are not vetting this through the NCAA at this point. Everyone involved is aware of all aspects of the appeal.

IMHO, the panel is just working at its normal pace. They simply don't want to be viewed as making a snap judgment no matter their decision. If they deny the appeal, they don't want James to feel like his appeal wasn't taken seriously, if they grant the appeal they don't want to appear as a rubber stamp.

Gonna guess we'll hear Monday or Tuesday as I doubt they do weekend work.

Also want to add that I firmly believe James appeal was vetted through the NCAA prior to it being filed. I don't think anyone wants a repeat of last year where melo was ruled ineligible for the NCAA tourney.

i may be wrong, but isn't part of the problem that the ncaa doesn't give guidelines, or what have you.

swish, is that dog in the avatar of yours at the top of Tinker's Falls just South of Apulia?

I wanted to ask this for a while now, and inserting a pointless aside in this thread seems like a great idea...

That particular waterfall is not Tinkers. Great fall to visit in the winter BTW.

That shot was taken on a trip to the finger lakes 4-5 years ago. We were somewhere around Routes 21 and 20a near Canandaigua Lake.

It was a little pull off with room for just a few cars. The fall was about 30 feet high. Real nice. I love NY.

I don't understand how people think they're entitled to a decision by the review board. James deserves a well-thought, acceptable decision/punishment. Who cares about the basketball program, now it's about James' academic career.

I don't understand how people think they're entitled to a decision by the review board. James deserves a well-thought, acceptable decision/punishment. Who cares about the basketball program, now it's about James' academic career.

so let's say the board clears him. does he get those games back? no.

justice delayed is not justice

How many other SU seniors do you care about?

academic career? how about his professional basketball career where he can arguably make enough money to set him up for life? obviously his sr. year was going to be crucial, and he was off to a great start. thats where lawsuit comes into play.

academic career? how about his professional basketball career where he can arguably make enough money to set him up for life? obviously his sr. year was going to be crucial, and he was off to a great start. thats where lawsuit comes into play.

Its an appeal.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

...someone should take the judicial board aside and let them know that the manner in which they are doing this violates not only Dirty's but our rights..a reasonable time for sentencing or release...
"our rights"... really?

Our rights to watch basketball? :)

Ridicurous.

images

In more ways than one.

44cuse

Who cares about the basketball program, now it's about James' academic career.

You've been watching too many episodes of Leave It To Beaver. With the exception of guys like Craig Forth, this "academic career" that you speak of is just a 4-year contract to audition for the NBA. We care about this because it affects the basketball program. Period. Maybe there is an alternate reality where humans actually care about other humans without a self-serving agenda -- it's certainly not this one. But we sure like to pretend that's the case.

Adjust your dosage Elwood!

i heard from a football source that they expect him to play tomorrow.

please take that for what its worth.
I don't think anybody noticed this post other than jordoo lol. I know you have always had solid sources in the past, great news if true!

IMO, James is a good person (not the type to intentionally break academic rules) and will be cleared. In the long run this team is stronger since others have stepped up their efforts. When he returns; this makes for an added benefit for the Cuse!

IMO, James is a good person (not the type to intentionally break academic rules) and will be cleared. In the long run this team is stronger since others have stepped up their efforts. When he returns; this makes for an even tougher time for the Cuse!
Good people can make mistakes. But if you cheat, that's intentionally breaking academic rules.

i do know the mode around the team went from preparing not to have him back to expecting him back. if they already no the results they are very tight lipped about it, but even if he's not back tonight, he should be soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom