Southerland tweet... | Syracusefan.com

Southerland tweet...

jdubs30

Living Legend
Someone tweeted to him:
yo did u injure your arm? Just saw u with that massive ice pack while u were leaving the garden?

his reponse:
tendinitis in my elbow. It sucks.

anyone know anything about this?

anyone know anything about this?[/quote]

It appears as though this 'tendonitis' you speak of is quite common and widely understood. There is even a Wikipedia page for it: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tendiniti

;-) on a serious note:
It says Initial recovery is typically within 2 to 3 days and full recovery is within 4 to 6 weeks.s

Not even close. Advil and ice, and tendinitis is all but subdued. Half the world has it, he'll man up.
Take a prescribed anti-inflammatory for 2-3 days and it should be fine. I had a severe case of it a few years ago, dull pain that drives you crazy, took Mobic for a couple days and was ok.

Not even close. Advil and ice, and tendinitis is all but subdued. Half the world has it, he'll man up.

Not necessarily.

About 20 years ago I had it badly. It took two cortisone shots and 9 months of PT, 2 hr sessions, 3 days a week. Even after all of that, I had an uneasy truce with it for years

Not necessarily.

About 20 years ago I had it badly. It took two cortisone shots and 9 months of PT, 2 hr sessions, 3 days a week. Even after all of that, I had an uneasy truce with it for years

It is also something that only gets worse with use (ie. shooting baskets constantly). With rest it could get better in a week or two, without rest it can bother you for months.

I'd rather have a jammed thumb. Point is Dirty played harder with tendinitis than KJo did with a jammed thumb.

I would assume he's been living with it so it shouldn't be a new problem.

Is Cortisone a banned substance? I have had tendonitus in shoulder and could hardly raise my right arm. Only thing that helped was cortisone shots. Physical therapy was worthless.

I've had elbow tendonitis for 2 1/2 years. Had 2 cortisone shots, but it came back. I agree, CTO, PT not much help at all. I now take Advil every day and it is improved. But I am old and he is young. It is extremely painful. I sure hope he can power through!

Is Cortisone a banned substance? I have had tendonitus in shoulder and could hardly raise my right arm. Only thing that helped was cortisone shots. Physical therapy was worthless.
No it is not banned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom