Southerland vs Grant | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Southerland vs Grant

Different type if player and brings different things to the floor. James is a big loss. I'd rather have James that Grant and I love Grant.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Agreed, so would I. And yes, they both bring different games to the table. In my opinion, Grant brings more of what we have been lacking (low post scoring). As great as JS can be, and he's been one of my favorites for a few years, he is the definition of a streaky shooter. Grant gets it. Some players do, some players don't; he does.

I think the bigger question is can Cooney start hitting consistently. If he can start being consistently good from deep you get the same effect.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I have to agree that JS shows the threat of a 3pt. that opponents have to play for, but you roll the dice with what you get from him on any given night. Even at this stage of his development, I think you have a better idea of what Grant will bring.

Grant showed more floor game in 5 minutes than Southerland showed in 4 years.

That was the text my buddy sent me during the game. I can't really disagree with him. Grant can mix it up inside and is leaps and bounds ahead of Southerland in terms of low post scoring. And, he is a freshman. The fact that we are comparing a freshman to a five year player shows how good Grant can be.
All this may be true but I rather have both of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom