SPECIAL OLYMPICS today!!!!! | Syracusefan.com

SPECIAL OLYMPICS today!!!!!

a

• a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You have to love a sporting event where everybody wins including the volunteers. Take some pictures of all the smiles if you get the chance.

I've been helping my wife train for a half marathon by doing speed work with her at the UVM track once a week. Every time we are there doing our thing (400 intervals), a group of special Olympians and volunteers is there as well. It's really, really, really inspiring to see. The folks who volunteer are immensely better people than me, and the kids are all amazing.

Every one you get the newly created AFO "Tee" Medal for your posts!!

AFO Tee Medal.JPG

Having been born with spina bifida, I had the opportunity to participate in the Love Games in Liverpool when I grew up, which is a similar concept as the Special Olympics. I still have great memories of that and Special Olympians are truly amazing, courageous people. Awesome job volunteering for that! It would be nice if everyone volunteered - it would affect you tremendously.

(On a side note, one of my pet peeves is the use of the word ed in a derogatory way. I don't think anything offends me more than that, and I am NOT one that is easily offended.)

I didn't know GT was playing. (j/k, great event)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom