Special team changes | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Special team changes

Desir - eh, he's been doing it, just catch the ball. Haven't seen the quick feet from him either, but due to a lot of factors (blocking, no one explosive enough to return them), I'm chalking up our punt return game as us putting a guy back there because we don't want a bouncing football to pin us deeper.

Gulley - don't get it. Rene actually hasn't been bad returning kicks, as long as he's not pretending it's a CFL-wide field when he catches the ball. Gulley isn't a north and south kind of runner, he's a dancer. Last thing we need on KO returns. I'd rather see Smith to be honest.

I assume Clark is either considered too small to be a return guy (i.e. he'd get killed and fumble), or they have no confidence in his ability to catch a punt?

Rene isn't small? He trips on a blade of grass!

Rene isn't small? He trips on a blade of grass!

Meant weight not height. Clark could get lifted off the ground by the Dome air. Rene looks like he's got him by at least 40 pounds. So I wonder if that factors into the staff's thinking.

Shorter guys are great for PRs, KRs. Even can be great as WRs. See Virginia, West. Stedman and Austin wouldn't be 6 feet if they stood on top of each other.

Lets just hope Kobena doesn't dance around back there looking for a hole like he was doing before his injury. You gotta find the seam and hit it at 100mph.

Nobody’s ever seen somebody break a kick return by dancing around. They just get swallowed up.

Meant weight not height. Clark could get lifted off the ground by the Dome air. Rene looks like he's got him by at least 40 pounds. So I wonder if that factors into the staff's thinking.

Shorter guys are great for PRs, KRs. Even can be great as WRs. See Virginia, West. Stedman and Austin wouldn't be 6 feet if they stood on top of each other.

I agree that short guys like Stedman and Austin can get it done but Rene can't seem to shed a tackle. You place a finger on him and he flies to the ground!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom