Spectrum | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Spectrum

fiber repairs are not quick if someone cut a major line its a really long repair.

fiber repairs are not quick if someone cut a major line its a really long repair.

yup, and most of the people that touch fiber don’t have a clue what they’re doing. I fly all over the planet to fix jacked up fiber work. I am amazed often at how crappy the work is.

Yea maybe. Yesterday much of Maine and New Hampshire were out because of damaged fiber optics. It was fixed and now damaged again?

yup, and most of the people that touch fiber don’t have a clue what they’re doing. I fly all over the planet to fix jacked up fiber work. I am amazed often at how crappy the work is.

can you come fix ours?

Yea maybe. Yesterday much of Maine and New Hampshire were out because of damaged fiber optics. It was fixed and now damaged again?
It sounds like when they ‘fixed’ the fiber cable to get Maine and New Hampshire running again, they might have accidentally cut ours.

It is shocking that Spectrum has a network that provides service to untold millions with single points of failure.

Unfathomable in this day and age. People should get fired for this. It is completely unacceptable.

I at times thought time warner was a pain. But after experiencing spectrum for awhile now, time warner was outstanding.
It’s terrible. I’ve been waiting years for Fios to come to Tipp Hill. Spectrum’s incompetence is not limited to outages either. At least we have the dome tonight to look forward to!

Looks like my cell bill will be stupid this month after I eat through all my data streaming this game tonight using cellular data.

WORTH IT.

It’s terrible. I’ve been waiting years for Fios to come to Tipp Hill. Spectrum’s incompetence is not limited to outages either. At least we have the dome tonight to look forward to!
Fios is done expanding their network in CNY. Have been for years. That being said I’m glad I have it

Fios is done expanding their network in CNY. Have been for years. That being said I’m glad I have it
thats not true that are rolling out fiber all over in CNY right now.. they have been going like crazy with installs since last summer

Because NYS filed a lawsuit seeking to eliminate their authority as a cable provider in NYS. Before that they were way behind and clearly not making an effort to reach rural customers, as they promised to get into NYS. The $10M fine got their attention.

And as far as their "fiber damage", this is widely rumored to have been caused a hack. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this occurred ... and likely because they haven't invested in hardening their systems. Whatever the cause, I'll accept their apology when and if they extend customer credits for the down time.

upperdeck’s post was about Verizon Fios, not Spectrum.

Good in South Carolina. As a bonus, stay over until next week with Temps in the 70s.

It sounds like when they ‘fixed’ the fiber cable to get Maine and New Hampshire running again, they might have accidentally cut ours.

It is shocking that Spectrum has a network that provides service to untold millions with single points of failure.

Unfathomable in this day and age. People should get fired for this. It is completely unacceptable.

Yep, if you get a franchise like that not having a resilient network is unacceptable

thats not true that are rolling out fiber all over in CNY right now.. they have been going like crazy with installs since last summer
Yup this is true. We just moved up to Onondaga Hill in a new development. Fios just became available in January. Had Spectrum for the first 3 months in this house, and it was the worst service I’ve ever encountered. Fios has been amazing for the past few weeks - no dropouts, consistent signal, and super fast.

Fios installers have gotten in trouble with cutting other companies lines lately, maybe they did it again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom