Spirit Updates Email | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Spirit Updates Email

The Sound Wave is a unique cheer that Syracuse is introducing to college football!

In the second quarter, the cheer team will lead the Sound Wave, which takes the fan favorite ‘the wave’ to a new level with fan support. We want the Loud House rocking in order to help the Orange to a strong finish in the first half.
  • The Sound Wave will begin in the student section and carry throughout the stadium twice.
  • Fans are encouraged to make as much noise as possible as the wave approaches – yelling “go” or just cheering – to make the Loud House LOUD!
  • After two times around, the Block S flag will be carried to midfield to carry the momentum into a “Let’s Go Orange” chant.

Hey. I appreciate the effort. The 44 thing sounds interesting. They are working to build some new football loyalty and hype. Nothing wrong with any of this stuff. have a few drinks and go with the flow.

Anyway, let's bring that back and revive the Syracuse "Hey" song version before we bring in Sound Waves and other contrived crap.

lI think the "HEY" song is on the shelf next to the "KISS CAM". Those are 2 things we will never see again unfortunately.

It was until people had to ruin its family friendliness.
I don't see the harm in the band continuing to play the song after a score. Let people sing and chant whatever words they want. By simply playing the song, the university is not officially endorsing the "unfriendliness." The song was still being played last year. Other than "let's go orange," it's really the only participatory tradition people get excited about. The fact that an entire New York City bar was singing it during last year's NCAA run is awesome. I hate that the university is actively squashing it.

CuseOnly said:
What is a sound wave...sounds like a regular wave but dumber.
The Wave in the Dome in the 80s/early 90s was exactly what they're saying is the Sound Wave. Everyone yelled as they stood up. Adding sound to the wave is definitely not new.

I have heard on this board many times that the University needs to
1. Play less piped in music and more of the band.
2. Have more crowd participation, try to make the games more fun.

My point is that The people at SU are trying to do this with the Spirit e-mail and the Orange Out. Yet I hear all this complaining from the peanut gallery. Give it a chance it either works or it doesn't, Nothing of course would work better then a 6-0 5-1 type start, we all agree on that.

I am opposed to all three. Tradition can't be manufactured it has to be organic.

The sound wave was very confusing at the game. I am not sure what was supposed to happen. They made it like you were to follow along with the flag runner who barely went anywhere. So if it was like a regular wave they never made it to half the sections. I feel like the cheerleader initiated ideas every year are a major fail.

When we changed something in my fraternity we used to call it, "Tradition Effective Immediately". From here on out, this is the tradition. That being said, that sound wave is a great excuse to visit the pee troughs.

Noah Syndergaard says no wave, please.

I liked the e-mail, though. It's nice that they're acknowledging some tradition and trying to do something. Take away the wave, get people to participate in the other stuff, and it'd be a good start.

Also, the train whistle is wack.
What? I love the train whistle, blow the opponents damn ear drums out!!

I have to admit, all these years, I never learned the words to "Down the Field".

I'm convinced that I'm the only one outside the band that knows them.

I don't see the harm in the band continuing to play the song after a score. Let people sing and chant whatever words they want. By simply playing the song, the university is not officially endorsing the "unfriendliness." The song was still being played last year. Other than "let's go orange," it's really the only participatory tradition people get excited about. The fact that an entire New York City bar was singing it during last year's NCAA run is awesome. I hate that the university is actively squashing it.
It's more about keeping things family friendly. It's one thing for a kid to hear an expletive in the heat of the moment, but when a huge part of the crowd is chanting f'em up and we're gonna beat the out of you, it's not something most people want their 8 year old participating in. You can't complain about crowd participation when a huge part of the crowd is alienated. SU tried to offer up an alternative chant at one point but people were too idiotic to buy in. There's no one to blame for having it go away but themselves. Vulgarity was apparently deemed more important than having something everyone could take part in.

I think we have our hand sign (like all great football programs). You see a Cuse fan...flash a "4" twice as a greeting.

I like it. Kids in my classes flip the peace sign and say "deuces" when leaving the classroom. We can throw up the fours and say "quads."

I'm convinced that I'm the only one outside the band that knows them.

Bring back the Saltine Warrior Fight Song - change the title or the lyrics if necessary - a great fight song.

The Wave in the Dome in the 80s/early 90s was exactly what they're saying is the Sound Wave. Everyone yelled as they stood up. Adding sound to the wave is definitely not new.
Exactly what I was saying in an earlier post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom