Spitt on Pitt Postgame... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Spitt on Pitt Postgame...

Didn't Tucker become the starter as a true freshman? Who cares where he was in the spring

He came in after injuries after 4 games into the season in 2020... Our RB transfer from Oklahoma, Abdul Adams, opted out 2020 as covid year. Tucker took the starting spot after it was clear what he could do on the field. Had the second-most yards per game (69.9) by a ‘Cuse freshman, behind Joe Morris’ 91.

Last edited:
Yes, I question Dino's ability to assess talent. It was clear once Tucker came in that he was a very special talent. Did he not look that in practice? Was he even getting any reps to know??

As for Villari, how is he going to be an NFL tight end if no one can throw him a ball and advertise his skill? I am sure he hopes someone could. He's our QB now anyways, since we have no one else that can play the position at a basic, serviceable level... so moot point until we get a QB that can.

I guess you can say that about every coach if their best RB yesterday didn’t start from day 1 as a true frosh.

I'm not reading all of this.

If he finds a way to get this team to a bowl and they win said bowl, they have will have a hard time selling a termination. It's that simple and Brent Axe said as much in his post game podcast with Emily. It's a team with no depth and a school with poor resources. If you can make lemonade from this, your argument for staying grew a bit stronger.
I fully expect him to be retained if the team goes to a bowl game.

What are the positives to bringing Dino back? Do they outweigh the negatives? What is Dino's plan for the program? He doesn't seem to have one. How is the talent level?

If Dino had 3 years left on his contract what you use to evaluate him changes. I don't think SU should eat $12M if he goes 6-6 this year. But with one year left you are in a extend or move on scenario. And in no way what so ever after the last 23 games do you extend. And that is ignoring the 72 games prior.

What are the reasons for bringing Dino back in 2024? Making a Bowl for going 2-6 in a weak ACC? That is reason to keep him with only one year left on his contract?
here a few reasons. Very good young team that will stick around if he is coach. I good recruiting class maybe our best in a very long time. An excellent QB and TE. OG possibly coming back. A staff that is just starting to make inroads into NJ and the east. An easy schedule that we can crush as long as the players return. Oh, and about 8 million in saved payouts.

I fully expect him to be retained if the team goes to a bowl game.
I don’t think the decision has been made but I can see that being the case. He gets to 6 and I have a hard time seeing JW terminating him. I’ve already heard a lot of talk about the injuries from folks around the program and that the team was good before that (not buying that excuse this time).

The AD has been very focused on improving our NIL position for when the portal does open. That helps whoever the coach is.

And yet the coaches felt they had a better chance of winning by running a wildcat offense instead of playing him.
Ratings, stars don’t mean squat. The coaches do not see it with him or they want the ball in the hands of their three best rushers. Incredible job by coaching staff to install in 8 days and pull it off. A win is a win is a win. Let’s do it again vs. the Jackets and get the 6th win.

here a few reasons. Very good young team that will stick around if he is coach. I good recruiting class maybe our best in a very long time. An excellent QB and TE. OG possibly coming back. A staff that is just starting to make inroads into NJ and the east. An easy schedule that we can crush as long as the players return. Oh, and about 8 million in saved payouts.
Where is this mythical young talent you speak of? We have no QB.

Even if you believe the above that talent will mainly be there for another coach who is more likely to kill that schedule.

The reasons you give have nothing to do with Dino.

Where is this mythical young talent you speak of? We have no QB.

Even if you believe the above that talent will mainly be there for another coach who is more likely to kill that schedule.

The reasons you give have nothing to do with Dino.
"An excellent QB" - Who? There are no excellent HEALTHY QBs on the roster right now - which is why Villari is doing what he's doing now. Maybe he's talking about the HS commit from GA who is an excellent prospect. But until he actually steps on campus, he don't count (see: L. Sellers).

BTW did anyone else notice the wide open TE throwback on the 4th and goal that Allen decided to keep instead? Really wish he had thrown it.

Shrader is a senior? Who is this excellent QB you speak of? CDRW? Villari the TE? Not trying to be funny or anything, I just really don't know who you're referring to.

I think he’s talking about the incoming recruiting class. It includes an excellent QB and TE.

I guess you can say that about every coach if their best RB yesterday didn’t start from day 1 as a true frosh.

I didn't say that.

Tucker... Making Shrader throw when he can't and getting steamrolled on national TV 4 weeks in a row... Figuring out Villari is absolute beastmode 10 games into the season after all those losses and in freefall... Really great use of talent.

I didn't say that.

Tucker... Making Shrader throw when he can't and getting steamrolled on national TV 4 weeks in a row... Figuring out Villari is absolute beastmode 10 games into the season after all those losses and in freefall... Really great use of talent.

Yes you did

What other coaches did I say that about?

You mocked Dino for not immediately knowing his true freshman was so good. Ergo, the same can be said about every coach.

Shrader is a senior? Who is this excellent QB you speak of? CDRW? Villari the TE? Not trying to be funny or anything, I just really don't know who you're referring to.
The two hs commits.

You locked Dino for not immediately knowing his true freshman was so good. Ergo, the same can be said about every coach.

You can say whatever you want...

I didn't say that and the critique wasn't just about Tucker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom