Sporting news rankings Cuse #8 | Syracusefan.com

Sporting news rankings Cuse #8

cusetown1

Taxi Squad
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...-preseason-rankings-2013-14-analysis/slide/14
One thing that really sticks out to me is that they are very high on Wisconsin #14. That same Wisconsin team that lost to Carleton by 13. I'm not saying Wiscy isn't worthy of that ranking and I know it was just an exhibition game. But that win we had against Carleton with a banged up CJ, and without Roberson was extremely impressive. Just a random thought.

Last edited:
Im still not understanding why the rankings are loving Michigan still. To me, Burke and Hardaway were that team last yr. Granted, McGary and Sta...something played great in the tournament, the team was primarily the guard play. Im sure everyone will step up and have bigger roles this year but in my opinion, way overrated! Actually make that, the entire biG is overrated besides Mich st

The top teams look weeker than ever to me. Not saying we should be ranked higher or lower but looking at all these teams they mostly have huge questions that they hope can be filled by inexperienced players. It used to be you'd look at the top teams and they'd have 3-4 starters back, a key bench guy and a good recruiting class. Now its like I know they were good last year but they lost 4 starters. Such a crap shoot.

Mcgary stauskas and Robinson the 18th
Im still not understanding why the rankings are loving Michigan still. To me, Burke and Hardaway were that team last yr. Granted, McGary and Sta...something played great in the tournament, the team was primarily the guard play. Im sure everyone will step up and have bigger roles this year but in my opinion, way overrated! Actually make that, the entire biG is overrated besides Mich st
But I agree they aren't great with just those 3.

The top teams look weeker than ever to me. Not saying we should be ranked higher or lower but looking at all these teams they mostly have huge questions that they hope can be filled by inexperienced players. It used to be you'd look at the top teams and they'd have 3-4 starters back, a key bench guy and a good recruiting class. Now its like I know they were good last year but they lost 4 starters. Such a crap shoot.

They definitely look weaker in the pre-season, cause we don't know nearly as much about the players because so many of them are either new or in new roles. But once the games start and we know which if the new players are really good, I think things change

IMO these teams have more talent and should be ranked higher than us preseason.
1. Kentucky
2.Kansas
3. Duke
4.Michigan State
5.Louisville

thus the highest I think we can be is number 6 and we will be competing with Florida, Michigan, Oklahoma State for that slot unless I am missing someone.

F UK and KU.

See what I did there? ;)

KU will be there all year because, as usual, they play NOBODY! The Big 12 sucks in hoops. KU might as well be grandfathered into the Top 5 for the next decade or so. No one will touch them in that conference.

They definitely look weaker in the pre-season, cause we don't know nearly as much about the players because so many of them are either new or in new roles. But once the games start and we know which if the new players are really good, I think things change

Agreed, thats why the early rankings are such a crap shoot these days. They get a bunch pretty accurately but usually 3-4 sheet the bed and are replaced by teams no one thought would be that good.

Kentucky is number one based entirely on their overrated recruiting class...such bs.

Kansas is legit and LOL at whoever is implying they are some paper tiger by virtue of their conference. Two sweet 16s, an elite eight a FF and NC in the last six seasons.

I'm sure everyone realizes that every non SU fan is looking at this wondering how we could possibly be as high as #8. Obviously we know better because this is all we do w our lives.