Sports Bar in Hartford? | Syracusefan.com

Sports Bar in Hartford?

Eric15

Living Legend
I've never been to Hartford before. Can someone please recommend me a good sports bar in downtown Hartford to watch Bama/LSU? Would like to go somewhere fun after Saturday's anticipated W.

Thank you in advance.

I've never been to Hartford before. Can someone please recommend me a good sports bar in downtown Hartford to watch Bama/LSU? Would like to go somewhere fun after Saturday's anticipated W.

Thank you in advance.
Your best bets are probably Coach's on Ann St. or Black Bear Saloon on Allyn St. Both right next the XL Center and Allyn is where most of the bars are downtown.

Your best bets are probably Coach's on Ann St. or Black Bear Saloon on Allyn St. Both right next the XL Center and Allyn is where most of the bars are downtown.

Yes. Lots of sports bars around the XL Center. But if nothing is going on at XL on Saturday night, I question how many people would be around there. Downtown Hartford is pretty dead at night unless there is something at XL Center.

And this calendar suggests there is nothing there on Saturday night:

• • November 4, 2011 – CT WHALE vs.St. John's Icecaps
  • • November 6, 2011 – UCONN Men vs. CW Post
  • • November 9, 2011 – UCONN Women vs. Pace

Check out my UConn Tailgate Guide...it has all your answers

My wife and I were looking for things to do after the game. Mark's tailgate guide is helpful. Still don't know what we're going to do, though.

Check out my UConn Tailgate Guide...it has all your answers
Has that tailgate guide been updated for those sports bars that will have power? Family in Connecticut just told me there are five times as many trees down than there were during Hurricane Irene. 789,000 without power in the Nutmeg State as of this writing, including nearly 100% of the northern part of the state.

It makes me wonder just what kind of recruit would want to play in such a cold weather location without a roof on the stadium. ;)

Has that tailgate guide been updated for those sports bars that will have power? Family in Connecticut just told me there are five times as many trees down than there were during Hurricane Irene. 789,000 without power in the Nutmeg State as of this writing, including nearly 100% of the northern part of the state.

It makes me wonder just what kind of recruit would want to play in such a cold weather location without a roof on the stadium. ;)

Downtown Hartford will have power and the area around the Rent will have power. Heck... all the snow was removed from around Yankee Stadium in time for the Pinstripe Bowl last December ---- while the rest of NYC was still drowning in it. (It was pretty funny actually; i and my friends were staying in midtown, and the streets/sidewalks there were practically impassible. Around Yankee Stadium, the streets and sidewalks were completely dry).

Saturday night is the one time during the week when Downtown Hartford actually feels like it has something to it. Allyn Street is filled with bars/clubs that fill up pretty regularly. Starting from the XL Center at one end and Union Station at the other end you've got Coach's, Pour House, Black Bear, Up Or On The Rocks (club) and a few more. I'd recommend Pour House or Black Bear.

ZLS thanks for the update...BTW, are you going to the game? If so would you like to stop by the Aircraft Club for a beer?

i was in hartford this past weekend for a halloween part, and while a lot of people did lose power, those downtown bars were all fine and full (they may be more full if power is still out at people's homes)

Saturday night is the one time during the week when Downtown Hartford actually feels like it has something to it. Allyn Street is filled with bars/clubs that fill up pretty regularly. Starting from the XL Center at one end and Union Station at the other end you've got Coach's, Pour House, Black Bear, Up Or On The Rocks (club) and a few more. I'd recommend Pour House or Black Bear.

Is Coach's the place Calhoun owns? They used to have one in Stamford that was really good, but it closed a few years back. Couldn't compete with Bobby V's I guess.