Sports Gambling Thread | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Sports Gambling Thread

Question for NYS residents. In NJ you can't bet on college teams from NJ. They're off the board. How about in NYS? Can u bet on SU?
Nope, can't bet on any college game involving NY State colleges or any college game being played in the state of New York

It's not like they need to reinvent the wheel. Everything is already in place with these other states and it's not like it was just passed recently. Another reason our soon to be ex-Governor was horrific for NYS.

He cared more about the grift

Nope, can't bet on any college game involving NY State colleges or any college game being played in the state of New York
Even vegas figured out how dumb that is.. like someone who is gonna fix a game is gonna limit them selves only to games in the state they are in.

Even vegas figured out how dumb that is.. like someone who is gonna fix a game is gonna limit them selves only to games in the state they are in.
Not to mention that it would be easier to detect a fixing situation if the action was placed at a sports book. They have systems in place that pick up on that sort of thing as opposed to bets placed with bookies on the street.

its almost as though the state thinks no one has options. online is going strong here already so making a company give bad odds is not gonna convince most people to do it legally. you have a huge number of people in NYC and the NJ market to compete against

its almost as though the state thinks no one has options. online is going strong here already so making a company give bad odds is not gonna convince most people to do it legally. you have a huge number of people in NYC and the NJ market to compete against
Here is a different article from tomorrow's Times Union. They are all crooks.

I took the u9.5 in the sox-rangers game today. Peaked at the score before heading into a meeting, about to start the 9th, sox up 2-1.
Check score after the meeting, sox win 8-4 in the 11th.

I guess I missed some good baseball

I placed a bet on Tulane + 26.5 in their game with Oklahoma. The game was supposed to be played at Tulane but the game was moved to OU because of Hurricane Ida. Now the line is 31.5. I would have thought that my book would have voided the game and given me a refund. The switch in venue is obviously a big deal. Can't get a straight answer out of the book. Any thoughts?

I placed a bet on Tulane + 26.5 in their game with Oklahoma. The game was supposed to be played at Tulane but the game was moved to OU because of Hurricane Ida. Now the line is 31.5. I would have thought that my book would have voided the game and given me a refund. The switch in venue is obviously a big deal. Can't get a straight answer out of the book. Any thoughts?

Oh yea, that’s dirty if they don’t void it. Which book?

I once got into it with a pit boss in Old Town Vegas. Needless to say, I didn't win the argument.

Send Bruno and Luca with your message ...

I'm very tempted to take Temple cover, maybe even straight up.

That Georgia QB transfer could be a player

Duke is -6.5 @ Charlotte. They beat them 53-19 last season and it's not like Duke lost all their players. Seems a weird Week 1 line.

Duke is -6.5 @ Charlotte. They beat them 53-19 last season and it's not like Duke lost all their players. Seems a weird Week 1 line.
Remember to always run TOWARDS the fishy smell. So take Charlotte. Lol

Betting the 1st week of college football is a crap shoot. You really need to do your homework.

Consistent winning in sports betting is a tough challenge. I do think of all of the sports to bet on that college football is the one that is the "easiest". Some times the oddsmakers miss with lines that end up moving 4-5 points during the week. That never happens with an NFL game.

Consistent winning in sports betting is a tough challenge. I do think of all of the sports to bet on that college football is the one that is the "easiest". Some times the oddsmakers miss with lines that end up moving 4-5 points during the week. That never happens with an NFL game.
Absolutely. The NFL lines are the epitome of the efficient market theory.

I took the points and ML on both Temple and Charlotte. Think the Rutgers "hype" is crazy based on what they actually looked like last season and basically rate Duke and Charlotte the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom