Sports Gambling Thread | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Sports Gambling Thread

Dogs went 9-6 straight up last week which would have generated a nice profit for somebody who actually bet money (For me it was only $150 bet total and a $234 return).

I rolled that $234 this week across the 16 dogs again. 0-1 in completed games, and 5-4 so far today, so working fairly well again ... so far.

EDIT - 4-10 after the afternoon games. Thought it would be 3-11, but Tennessee pulled it out.

Of course I only need to go 6-10 or so for the week to break even on the week (depending on mix), but looks like it will be a bit of a negative week.

Last edited:
Another cash.
I will take Tennessee +5.5 in the afternoon window.
I am going to have some cold spells but I am seeing the board like this right now.

math-hangover.gif

I hear a lot about week 1 overreactions but didn't really see it much in the lines today; other than the Bengals being rated as a better team than the Bears.
Next week otoh...
Carolina is a -7.5 on the road team now and off a short week, really?
Vegas -5, they're 2-3 pts better than Miami now?
Pittsburgh -4.5 looks a little light even with Ben shot. What am I missing on the Bengals, somebody seems to like them.
Rams aren't a team I'm going to find value w often but -1.5 maybe. There's that circadian rythm thing w the east coast team plus the Bucs D couldn't stop Goff last year.

Hot streak over Baltimore wins.
Still up for the day though.

Since the beginning of September I made 3 bets on the major MLB awards. :

Robbie Ray - +135 for AL Cy... They are no longer posting live odds on Bet365 for this but I have to assume his odds have improved after Cole's poor start yesterday.

Corbin Burnes - +180 for NL Cy.. This one is likely in the dumps. Scherzer is a monster right now.

Bryce Harper at +325 for NL MVP ... Thanks for a poster here noting that Bryce Harper was a viable candidate on the MLB Board here about 10 days ago. It made me look at the numbers and the value seemed great. Per a few sites he now appears to be the slight favourite as of now.

Last edited:

I heard about this earlier today. I wonder if there was a cash out option, and how much of a discount they took on it?

Otherwise I hope they were able to ring up as much capital as possible today to bet on the Packers to hedge the bet.

I heard about this earlier today. I wonder if there was a cash out option, and how much of a discount they took on it?

Otherwise I hope they were able to ring up as much capital as possible today to bet on the Packers to hedge the bet.
I’m pretty sure this was off a free bet, so no cash out option. I wonder how much he/she could come up with to hedge

If that isn’t hedging GB he is a moron.

Problem is if he is a middle class guy who doesn't have much money lying around (after all he bet $25), he might not have that much to hedge. If he was a trusted friend, I would lend him $20,000 at 1% interest, as either way he should be able to repay quickly.

Problem is if he is a middle class guy who doesn't have much money lying around (after all he bet $25), he might not have that much to hedge. If he was a trusted friend, I would lend him $20,000 at 1% interest, as either way he should be able to repay quickly.
Even if you hedge 500 it would be a 1k investment for 25 dollar free roll.
You don’t gamble what you can’t afford.
Obviously you can’t drop a huge amount of money on hedge but I think you can scrap together a decent hedge figure even if it’s a couple hundred.

I'll change it up with a fortunate win story. Last night 2 leg MLB parlay. Nats/Marlins Over 8 and Yankees/Rangers Under 8.5. Yankees are up 4-3 through 4.5 innings. From B5 through the end no more runs are scored.

Already hit the overs in nats/Marlins and cards/brewers. Last one on card is Yankees/Texas over 9. Score is 3-3 in B8 and Yankees put up a 4 spot (so far) with 2 outs

Studying the board for the week.
I like LSU -2.5
Houston -20
Cal +7.5
Arizona State -14.

I really want to take Arkansas +5.5 and will study it more.
Hogs have made some $$$ the last 2 years covering games.

App St back slides at the 5. Teams have wised up. Death of the cheap cover.

both teams could have won that by 10-14 pts.

But Marshall screwed that up late.. first you should never have to call a TO to tell a team to let a guy score. 2nd once they guy ran to the 10 and they were chasing take him into the endzone dont let him stop..

Studying the board for the week.
I like LSU -2.5
Houston -20
Cal +7.5
Arizona State -14.

I really want to take Arkansas +5.5 and will study it more.
Hogs have made some $$$ the last 2 years covering games.

What do you think about the under on Cal-Wash (46.5)? Should be perfect game weather though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom