Sports Gambling Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Sports Gambling Thread

Looking at the AFC who can win it if someone were to take out NE..

Bills/Colts at 10+ to 1

I dont think KC will play enough D, but likely to make the playoffs

Houston maybe at 12-1

Dont like Balt at all.

but the Jags at 65-1 intrigues me just because they might sneak in at 8-8.

Bills finish strong they could be #1 wildcard and possibly avoid NE with some luck until the finals.
Indy is the best value.
It comes down to the OL for me.
The Indy OL will give that team against any team unless Brissett throws up on himself.

Thanks for showing up Jets .. the third leg of my ten point teaser .. all I needed was you to lose by less than 20 and you couldn’t even go 1.5 quarters before failing your mission

Thanks for showing up Jets .. the third leg of my ten point teaser .. all I needed was you to lose by less than 20 and you couldn’t even go 1.5 quarters before failing your mission
I feel for you I did well this weekend and I bet against my team on the point spread and they are killing me.
I didn’t see this first half coming.

How you supposed to bet this sport when the jets look like they did last week vs the cowboys and then like this against the pats .. especially since they’ve covered vs pats at home 5 out of the last 6 ? AND I ONLY NEEDED THEM TO LOSE BY LESS THAN 20

Did people forget Belichick had almost 2 weeks to prepare for this game? Easy pick.

Did people forget Belichick had almost 2 weeks to prepare for this game? Easy pick.

oh, i figured they would win, but I also figured no way jets lose by more than 19.

that’s true

counter point to that is...well, if u were almost sure the pats were going to win, and you had a ten point teaser, then why not just bring the pats down to 0 or +1? well, im smacking myself on the head as we speak for this. ill blame alsacs since he gave me the idea. just kidding...or am I..

Looking at the AFC who can win it if someone were to take out NE..

Bills/Colts at 10+ to 1

I dont think KC will play enough D, but likely to make the playoffs

Houston maybe at 12-1

Dont like Balt at all.

but the Jags at 65-1 intrigues me just because they might sneak in at 8-8.

Bills finish strong they could be #1 wildcard and possibly avoid NE with some luck until the finals.

I don't see the Bills or Jags or anyone else really winning 3 road games so you have to look at potential division winners. Agree the North looks dubious. Look at Indy & Houston and pick whichever has the easier schedule. Honestly KC may be good value in a month after they lose a couple of these next few games.

Last edited:
I don't see the Bills or Jags or anyone else really winning 3 road games so you have to look at potential division winners. Agree the North looks dubious. Look at Indy & Houston and pick whichever has the easier schedule. Honestly KC may be good value in a month after they lose a couple of these next few games.

Baltimore is going to be a legit threat if Jackson stays healthy .. their D is coming around .. they’ll end up with 1 or possibly 2 home games in the playoffs as their division is trash .. and I can see Jackson being a nightmare to defend in an AFC championship game

the question is can jackson save every play with his legs cause thats about all the offense is right now.

How you supposed to bet this sport when the jets look like they did last week vs the cowboys and then like this against the pats .. especially since they’ve covered vs pats at home 5 out of the last 6 ? AND I ONLY NEEDED THEM TO LOSE BY LESS THAN 20

That's the NFL. Remember what u saw last week. Then go the other way.

In that scenario they'd need the #6 to upset the #3. Right now that'd be Houston over Baltimore, with the other AFC 1st round matchup #4 Indy vs. #5 Buffalo.

Wash is +180? Not worth hedging. Maybe kick the tires on it if there is an elimination game. Still prolly get +$ on Wash in a game 6-7. You are in good shape.

I don’t believe you just hedge if it’s “life changing money.” Guarantee yourself a profit if it makes sense.
Would you still sit tight on Houston series bet or do I hedge now with Washington up 1-0?

Would you still sit tight on Houston series bet or do I hedge now with Washington up 1-0?

I would hedge. Maybe it's an overreaction but Washington has that feel of a team of destiny. They're on a roll and I think HOU figured it was all over when they won the ALCS.

really kicking myself for not putting a little coin on Washington before the series started. Didn't necessarily think they'd win but they had a punchers chance with good value.

really kicking myself for not putting a little coin on Washington before the series started. Didn't necessarily think they'd win but they had a punchers chance with good value.

i did. Just wish I had put more.

great time to jump in on Houston though if you think they can win.. went from -230 to +220.

if you had the guts to bet them big early you could middle this now and lock in money

Michigan being a 1 point favorite over Notre Dame shocks me.
I don’t like the Irish to make the playoffs but they have been better than Michigan this year.
I actually think ND is a good bet this week.

I don’t like the Irish to make the playoffs but they have been better than Michigan this year.
Apparently UND has a dreadful record in the big house. I’ll have to look it up. It smells to me too so I’m staying away.

Apparently UND has a dreadful record in the big house. I’ll have to look it up. It smells to me too so I’m staying away.
Senior QB, solid defense don’t scare me with that Big House history.
Michigan is just mediocre this year and Notre Dame is just better this year.

I like getting ND without laying points.
If ND was -3.5 I wouldn’t touch it.

one of those “makes no sense” lines. Bet Michigan.

It makes sense to me. Michigan sorta outplayed Penn St, the stats in the Virginia game were even & Georgia doesn't look as great now.
Still can't explain the Wisconsin beating but it'd probably be -6 without that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom