Sports Gambling Thread | Syracusefan.com

Sports Gambling Thread

Alsacs

Living Legend
What the hell let’s just start the thread already.
It’s week 1 of the NFL.

Obviously nobody’s picks are to be taken as an endorsement or to be taken for your own without risk.

With this said I like two games this weekend.
Seattle -9.5 over Cincinnati
Houston +7 over New Orleans

The Seahawks at home against a team with a crappy OL and their best WR is asking for a Seattle double digit win.

Second game I think New Orleans wins this game but they typically struggle in week 1 of the NFL. I think the Texans keep this a really close game and those 7 points give me comfort.

Last game I am looking at and can’t determine whether I will take the plung is
LA Rams -2.5 vs Carolina.

I want to take Carolina ML but I don’t know if I will. I think the Rams are going to take a step back this year just don’t know if Cam Newton is healthy.
The Panthers have a good D and enough on offense to win this game if Cam is healthy.

Last edited:
What the hell let’s just start the thread already.
It’s week 1 of the NFL.

Obviously nobody’s picks are to be taken as an endorsement or to be taken for your own without risk.

With this said I like two games this weekend.
Seattle -9.5 over Cincinnati
Houston +7 over New Orleans

The Seahawks at home against a team with a crappy OL and their best WR is asking for a Seattle double digit win.

Second game I think New Orleans wins this game but they typically struggle in week 1 of the NFL. I think the Texans keep this a really close game and those 7 points give me comfort.

Last game I am looking at and can’t determine with I will take the plung is
LA Rams -2.5 vs Carolina.

I want to take Carolina ML but I don’t know if I will. I think the Rams are going to take a step back this year just don’t know if Cam Newton is healthy.
The Panthers have a good D and enough on offense to win this game if Cam is healthy.
I tend to stay away the first few weeks of the season since teams are so different year to year...invariably some predicted doormats will be legit solid teams and some purported contenders will actually be bad

I do think New Orleans is going to have issues this year .. people forget but drew brees was not very good the last half of tne season

Screenshot_20190905-212020.png

Is this 20 bucks?
Cause it’s lighting money on fire.
I will occasionally do a 10 dollar 10k parlay bet to just try and get lucky.
Haven’t done it yet.
Your first one looks interesting.
$2

I started with $25 a few months ago and have been playing with winnings

I like to put $1 - $5 parlays and bets on longshots ... Because when they hit ... Well, you know.

I've been playing off of the original $25 and winnings for almost 5 months now

My thoughts exactly on Car-LA; if I can get some news Cam is ok I'll be taking the Panthers ML and probably the Jags as well.

I had a long word doc saved to start this thread for season long stuff that I didn't get around to posting; it might've been too 'inside baseball' for casual bettors. Regrettable as the Bears were the #1 team I wanted to fade followed by the Rams. I like the 49ers as a darkhorse although the price is not as good as I had hoped - there's a lot of 2017 Jacksonville there imo. As in the popular sleeper that burned everyone the year before so everyone is out on them but meanwhile they keep stockpiling a pretty good front 7. The Bears otoh are the obvious 2018 Jacksonville - way too many takeaways than is sustainable and a crappy qb; I was hoping they would win last night so Denver (who is great at home in September) would be a great bet next week.

Adding a couple more dogs with Miami +7 & Indy +6.5.
If there's one game motivation isn't an issue for the Dolphins it's this one. But mostly I want to fade a TD road favorites in dark jerseys in Sept heat, esp. when the qb can't throw the ball. On an island for this one, which I'm fine with.
Indy I've been talked into by enough people I respect. A little suspect of the theory that there was an overreaction to Luck. But LAC have some problems on the OL, no Derwin James, and are generally a lousy home favorite.
Panthers +8 & Pats +.5 is my teaser.

Adding a couple more dogs with Miami +7 & Indy +6.5.
If there's one game motivation isn't an issue for the Dolphins it's this one. But mostly I like fading TD road favorites in dark jerseys in Sept heat, esp. when the qb can't throw the ball. On an island for this one, which I'm fine with.
Indy I've been talked into by enough people I respect. A little suspect of the theory that there was an overreaction to Luck. But LAC have some problems on the OL, no Derwin James, and are generally a lousy home favorite.
Panthers +8 & Pats +.5 is my teaser.
I studied Balt-Miami hard.

I just don’t like the spread of -7.5 Baltimore either way.
I could see the Ravens D shutting down the Dolphin and then Miami scoring a garbage time TD to cover.

The more I look at LA Rams-Carolina I want to take Carolina ML.

Indy with the points is a great bet. You nailed the Chargers to a tee and the Colts do have a lot of skill talent.

Spent the day yesterday at Turning Stone sports book with my son. Couple of thoughts:
The area is way too small to accommodate everyone. People were sitting and standing out side the area on the concourse walkway to watch
- half the seating is reserved , you have to pay to sit in them starting at 80$ for 3 hours. It goes up from there. And, you sit directly in front of the screens. No way you can watch or see all the games. Needless to say, they remained empty.
- there is a couple of huge columns which blocks the views of the TVs. Ugh
- menu is Uninspiring
- Huge area of windows behind the seating area. Caused sun washout on a lot of the screens during the day. Hard to watch the tv.
- I know a kid that works there. He agreed with a lot of what I told him. Says they need to work on some things. Told me to check out Yellow Brick road sports book which just opened. He said even the boys from Vegas were impressed with it. Going to check it out today

Spent the day yesterday at Turning Stone sports book with my son. Couple of thoughts:
The area is way too small to accommodate everyone. People were sitting and standing out side the area on the concourse walkway to watch
- half the seating is reserved , you have to pay to sit in them starting at 80$ for 3 hours. It goes up from there. And, you sit directly in front of the screens. No way you can watch or see all the games. Needless to say, they remained empty.
- there is a couple of huge columns which blocks the views of the TVs. Ugh
- menu is Uninspiring
- Huge area of windows behind the seating area. Caused sun washout on a lot of the screens during the day. Hard to watch the tv.
- I know a kid that works there. He agreed with a lot of what I told him. Says they need to work on some things. Told me to check out Yellow Brick road sports book which just opened. He said even the boys from Vegas were impressed with it. Going to check it out today
We have a long thread on this below. You should check it out Oburg. TS decided to use a tiny buffet restaurant space. Point place and YBR are way better and YBR is by far the best

Bills saved my parlay early, just to see cards laying a brick in afternoon

Rough start. Lol Miami how can an nfl team even..
On the plus side I think I got the best of some lookahead lines yesterday. The Jets despite looking dismal have got to be a good play at +3 at home vs the Browns. I would guess that closes around a pick 'em.
Steelers -2.5 on 12/1 even better. The local books I guess posted every game for the PA teams; I'm guessing with lower limits but I'm betting pizza $'s anyway.

Mother e**ing Detroit and Arizona g*d d#mn sh@t

2-2 day for me.
Won Baltimore and Minnesota.
Lost Seattle and Philadelphia.

Have Houston +7 for my last play tomorrow .

2-2 day for me.
Won Baltimore and Minnesota.
Lost Seattle and Philadelphia.

Have Houston +7 for my last play tomorrow .
Had Arizona pulled it off I'd be eating steak and lobster tomorrow, instead it's a hot pocket night

Not sure what TS was really thinking about that setup.. just so many things done wrong.
I agree. But because they own a printing press, they'll probably add on a big ol' sports book somewhere at some point. Life is different when you literally have no budget.

Good news is for most CNY'ers , PP and YBR are closer anyway. But I agree that this first iteration is weaksauce

I got burned on two college games this past weekend where the two favorites went out of their way to cover spreads when the outcome was already decided. Penn State had their starting QB throw a bomb with three minutes left and up 25 against UB. They covered the 31.5 spread by a half a point. I hate Franklin. Throwing a bomb with your starter while up a ton is classless.
Then UK is beating EMU by 14 (spread 15.5) and they're running a hurry up offense inside three minutes pushing hard to go up by 21 when a turnover could have put them at risk. They scored to win by 21.

In both cases these teams were hell bent on covering that spread.

I got burned on two college games this past weekend where the two favorites went out of their way to cover spreads when the outcome was already decided. Penn State had their starting QB throw a bomb with three minutes left and up 25 against UB. They covered the 31.5 spread by a half a point. I hate Franklin. Throwing a bomb with your starter while up a ton is classless.
Then UK is beating EMU by 14 (spread 15.5) and they're running a hurry up offense inside three minutes pushing hard to go up by 21 when a turnover could have put them at risk. They scored to win by 21.

In both cases these teams were hell bent on covering that spread.

How about the end of the A&M-Clemson game? Both teams going all out at 24-3.

How about the end of the A&M-Clemson game? Both teams going all out at 24-3.

That one was ok cuz I had Texas A&M. :)

Seriously though the difference as opposed to the other two is the Aggies were behind while the other two were well ahead and had the game in hand and just needed to comfortably run out the clock. Throwing a bomb up 25 is bad form but not unexpected from an ayhole like Franklin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom