Sports Gambling Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sports Gambling Thread

I agree. But because they own a printing press, they'll probably add on a big ol' sports book somewhere at some point. Life is different when you literally have no budget.

Good news is for most CNY'ers , PP and YBR are closer anyway. But I agree that this first iteration is weaksauce

Del Lago is way better than Point and TS. The kiosks at Del Lago are fantastic. Prolly the best place to bet. YBR the best place to hang out. It’s impressive.

Also notable that since one is Draft Kings and one is Caesars you can chase odds. Was significant with NFL futures.

Del Lago is way better than Point and TS. The kiosks at Del Lago are fantastic. Prolly the best place to bet. YBR the best place to hang out. It’s impressive.

Also notable that since one is Draft Kings and one is Caesars you can chase odds. Was significant with NFL futures.
Yeah. My BIL went out to DL last week and said it’s great. I’ll have to get out there soon. The veal chop with a Gorgonzola fondue at portico is worth the drive alone

That one was ok cuz I had Texas A&M. :)

Seriously though the difference as opposed to the other two is the Aggies were behind while the other two were well ahead and had the game in hand and just needed to comfortably run out the clock. Throwing a bomb up 25 is bad form but not unexpected from an ayhole like Franklin.

I agree (and I had A&M) also, it was just funny how both sides were going all out. Clemson really didnt want to let them in the end zone

So for week 2 the game I think the line that will move the most is Buf-NYG.
By kickoff I think that line will move close to pick ‘em.

Giants are +2.5 right now and home dog in their home opener seems crazy.

My early week 2 plays right now
Houston -8.5 and Pitt -4.5.

I love the Pitt pick. And I see it down to -3.5 taboot. Love it.
I always love Eastern home teams against west coast teams at 1pm.
Seattle was my biggest loser week 1.
This seems like a baked in loss for them. If Pittsburgh doesn’t win this game then I don’t believe they will make the playoffs.

I am actually leaning towards taking Miami with the points that spread has shot up to 17. Flores is a Belichick discipline I don’t see them getting caved in that bad 2 weeks in a row.

So for week 2 the game I think the line that will move the most is Buf-NYG.
By kickoff I think that line will move close to pick ‘em.

Giants are +2.5 right now and home dog in their home opener seems crazy.

It was NYG -2.5 last week so that is a move.
Much less significant than a normal 5pts though not crossing any key #'s.
They've been trash at home since Parcells it seems like.

So i am doing a BC -21 and Houston +9 parlay on Friday.
I really like BC in the Red Bandanna game to put a beating on a bad Kansas team.
Then Washington State on the road in Houston I like the points.
I wish I could pull the trigger on Houston outright but can’t and love the 9 points.

So i am doing a BC -21 and Houston +9 parlay on Friday.
I really like BC in the Red Bandanna game to put a beating on a bad Kansas team.
Then Washington State on the road in Houston I like the points.
I wish I could pull the trigger on Houston outright but can’t and love the 9 points.
Screw BC by the way.

Screenshot_20190915-120851.png

Well my tease paid off for me and saved me.
That Denver ending was brutal. I had Denver ML.

I took a bath this week. Chiefs & Broncos were easy teaser plays but lost the first leg twice with the Panthers & Giants. :vomit:
Ya Denver was brutal. I guess we're reviewing milliseconds on time out calls now so you can just hit the 'select' button like on Madden. But that's why it's the one situation the math guys prefer the conservative pat route at the end unless there's 5 seconds left - if that's a tie game the Bears are taking a knee.
Trubisky still sucks, will be looking to fade him some more. It's funny hearing Bears fans rationalize him, they sound exactly like Jet fans during the Sanchize era.

had some people stop by Del Lago to check out the new place sat on the way to the game.. Not one person was sitting in the reserved seating. has enough space, the TV layout for people to hang around and bet and watch almost requires you eating food just to see anything.

heard some comments on VSIN from people who went there and texted Gill A and his crew that echoed those same comments.. Until you can bet mobile in house and watch games to do in game betting its just not a set up worth using.

Strange that these places dont use the Vegas setups and dont realize real time totes and ingame betting is what is drawing people to hang around and bet more and not just show up and bet and go home.

you almost need a set up like wild wings, lots of small tables/booths, quick food/drink orders cheap prices and get a crowd which always makes it more fun. just like the track at Finger lakes vs Saratoga

My bet for this week I like.

Ole Miss -2.5 over California.
California is now ranked and traveling east for a 12pm start.

These ranked teams as underdogs against unranked team give me alarms.
Give me the Ole Miss Rebels.

I like Wisconsin - 3 over Michigan. Got it at -3 (-115) but the line has moved to 3.5. Don't understand that line at all. Wiscy should be favored by a TD.

I also like BYU + 6 against Washington. Zach Wilson is a baller for BYU. They're a tough team.

Strange that these places dont use the Vegas setups and dont realize real time totes and ingame betting is what is drawing people to hang around and bet more and not just show up and bet and go home.

you almost need a set up like wild wings, lots of small tables/booths, quick food/drink orders cheap prices and get a crowd which always makes it more fun. just like the track at Finger lakes vs Saratoga
Absolutely. The cashier at Point Place said that their system wasn't setup to handle props other than a couple of dailies, but that it "might be eventually." I think it's a huge mistake. I have no interest in sitting in there and hanging out all day to watch games with a couple game bets. But if I can play it almost like quick draw with new opportunities every 10 minutes or so, then heck, I can kill an afternoon there.

Got so much the worst of it betting future week games & injuries with the Jets Monday and now the Steelers x3. I should put a bunch of futures on the Pats just to guarantee Brady gets hurt.

Favorite side by far this week is the Vikings -8.5. I liked them to win the division before the season & haven't seen anything to back down from that. Zimmer is great ATS and a good homefield. Oakland is who we thought they were. Holding Denver to FG's after yielding drives doesn't change that (and their baseball field I think helped vs their pass rush). I hate that I didn't line up with the squares on KC last week (homefield has meant nothing in that rivalry my entire lifetime). Eventually their power rating will drop enough for it to not be worth fading them, but for now there is still value in it. Obviously down to -2.5 is a great in a teaser too.

so jags +2 vs Titans. Jags had tough loss on the road at Houston , stopped on two point conversion to win at the end...titans lost at home to colts, wouldnt have been that close if not for adam venitieri sucking crap.

week 1 jags lost big to KC>..which doesn't tell you much..titans beat an overrated cleveland team by a bunch, but score expanded at the end while result was in the balance till the 4th.

I like the jags and the Mississippi Moustache +2. I will not bet this game as I will never bet a Titans game ever again based on their unpredictability.

so jags +2 vs Titans. Jags had tough loss on the road at Houston , stopped on two point conversion to win at the end...titans lost at home to colts, wouldnt have been that close if not for adam venitieri sucking crap.

week 1 jags lost big to KC>..which doesn't tell you much..titans beat an overrated cleveland team by a bunch, but score expanded at the end while result was in the balance till the 4th.

I like the jags and the Mississippi Moustache +2. I will not bet this game as I will never bet a Titans game ever again based on their unpredictability.

why didnt i bet it?

Absolutely. The cashier at Point Place said that their system wasn't setup to handle props other than a couple of dailies, but that it "might be eventually." I think it's a huge mistake. I have no interest in sitting in there and hanging out all day to watch games with a couple game bets. But if I can play it almost like quick draw with new opportunities every 10 minutes or so, then heck, I can kill an afternoon there.

Any idea if they have NFL game player props?

Negative. All she said she had was like most rushing yards on the day and just a couple of others.

Too bad. DraftKings has an incredibly extensive menu of props. I have no idea why these NY books couldn’t use the same software in house that is being used in NJ and Vegas.

I’ll take the Eckler over 4.5 receptions please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom