Sports Gambling Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Sports Gambling Thread

why are we watching sports
1) we like the sport
2) we like the player
3) we like the team
4) we want a certain outcome

very few players i care to watch anymore.. although Alonso after waiting for him to arrive is fun to watch and root for.

the sports have gotten so bad because the players just dont know fundamentals anymore and its more about size and strength than it is skill its just hard to watch

still root for my team but again its been a long time in most sports since my teams won anything

but betting provides short term interest in almost any game. its like betting a beer on a round of golf, just dont bet a ton ti dig a big hole and in any case after hitting some big winners I can lose every bet for the next 30 yrs and still be ahead and thats why my wife doesnt care and actually tolerates it now, sometimes even acts interested in the outcomes.

If you bet Houston, Yankees, Braves, and Dodgers to all win today it pays 13 to 1.
I mean invest a small bet on them 4.

If you bet Houston, Yankees, Braves, and Dodgers to all win today it pays 13 to 1.
I mean invest a small bet on them 4.
I took nationals tonight at -125. I expect Sherzer to dominate. Also took Niners on the ML. Not sexy but it’s time to fade the Brownies

you got one shot to make money on the twins tonight.. doubt they win but can they really lose 100 in a row in the playoffs to the yankees.

you got one shot to make money on the twins tonight.. doubt they win but can they really lose 100 in a row in the playoffs to the yankees.
Yankees hit HRs. Odrazzi gives up HRs.
Twins only chance is Severino sucks.
Yankees -1.5 are + 105 that is the value if I were betting that game.

Twins are best fastball hitting team in MLB. sevy on the mound. Value is with the twins. Although My heart wants this series done tonight.

I'm just curious. And this is for all of you, not just BPO.

Do you guys bet because you think you can make money doing it or do you just do it for fun and assume you will lose?

I do it largely for entertainment purposes. I don't bet a big percentage of my income so it's not a big sweat. The same thing happens every year. I make $$$ on college football and then give it back on Sundays. I've finally figured it out that maybe I should bet more on Saturdays and less on Sundays. College football is far more doable than the NFL. The NFL is damn near impossible.

I do it largely for entertainment purposes. I don't bet a big percentage of my income so it's not a big sweat. The same thing happens every year. I make $$$ on college football and then give it back on Sundays. I've finally figured it out that maybe I should bet more on Saturdays and less on Sundays. College football is far more doable than the NFL. The NFL is damn near impossible.

Same here. I win on Saturday’s lose on Sunday’s. This weekend I hit 2 parlays on Saturday and missed on 2 Sunday. I too bet bigger on my Saturday bets than Sunday.

I am going to tease the Patriots/Syracuse tomorrow.
Patriots -10.5
Syracuse + 10.5

I like that.

I crave weeknight action so I took Dodgers and UL-Lafayette 2 team moneyline tonight. Haha. What a country!

I crave weeknight action so I took Dodgers and UL-Lafayette 2 team moneyline tonight. Haha. What a country!

Dodgers/AppSt

I am going to tease the Patriots/Syracuse tomorrow.
Patriots -10.5
Syracuse + 10.5

I like that.
If you do this I’m curious the number. Like -300 ?

That doesn't seem like a great price? College point totals are so outrageous & thus worth less..

That doesn't seem like a great price? College point totals are so outrageous & thus worth less..
I just want a win.
I think that is a winner. The price isn’t great because of the Patriots I guess I could just go -16.5 but the extra 3 points scare me.
I so I may tease
Syracuse +7.5
New England -13.5 and just shave 3.
That gets me -125.

I just want a win.
I think that is a winner. The price isn’t great because of the Patriots I guess I could just go -16.5 but the extra 3 points scare me.
I so I may tease
Syracuse +7.5
New England -13.5 and just shave 3.
That gets me -125.

A 6 point , 2 team football tease should be no worse than -120 .. I don’t get it

A 6 point , 2 team football tease should be no worse than -120 .. I don’t get it
My tease above was a winner at -125 so -125 and -120 is pretty much the same

My tease above was a winner at -125 so -125 and -120 is pretty much the same

But you only teased 3 pts per game right ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom