Sports Gambling Thread | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Sports Gambling Thread

Red tried to blow the lead in the 9th but held on.. best thing is the games take less than 2 hrs.

KC -9 over oakland next..
What book?

Just made $50 on in play betting on e-gaming - Bet365 (didn't even know that was a thing until about 15 minutes ago) Easiest money I ever made and wish I had bet more. I also now feel a little worse about myself knowing that I put action on an e-game.

Was just checking the site for the heck of it, and they always show a live event on screen. Noted they were showing an NBA2K e-game between the Raptors and the HEat (they also show the screen of the two players). Started watching with a few minutes left in the 3rd and the guy controlling the Raptors was terrible, and had no clue how to play defence. He was down 64-29 at the end of the third. The live line was -36.5 for the Heat. In real life -36 makes sense -- usually NBA teams with such a big lead end up giving a few back at the end. But not in e-sports... if one guy is terrible the margin will just keep going up.

The Heat ended up winning by 48 I believe.

this Russian tennis live betting is pretty solid..

having fun betting the maddon20 sims just because it plays like a real game and the chat discussion is fun with all the complaints on play calling and stuff.

I'm telling you there are some great betting lines being offered now on this stuff.

Like today some random dude is up 6-2 4-2 in a best of 3 and they offer -120 to win the 2nd set. You would never see that in main stream matches.. thats like giving money away..

The madden20 sims stuff is all over though but its 2 hrs of football and you get just as pissed at dumb play calls.. tonight NE down 3 under a min at the 1.. They throw 3 times take a sack and then tie it up. Then in OT tied, at the 15 they throw 3 times get a 1st down and then throw 3 more times before the game winning FG is kicked.. That stuff in a real game might have cost me a TV...

Lost a $100 last night on NO because under 20 secs left they decided to run a play instead of kicking a fg or calling a TO and the clock ran out..

you can get your METS fix tomorrow though Stroman vs Foltynewicz at Citi field at 3pm

UCF comes back and no mention of gambling on it? Not something I watch but i sat thru 2-3 matches and won a nice parley on the 2 late underdogs.. but watching that last match, man that was brutal watching a guy get his face broken and his nose and losing teeth and it just kept going on...

Wish the golf props for this weekend would pop up..

I do think there is some value in Ricky and Wolff though.. Johnson Im not sure this is his cup of tee and I think fowler and Wolff have more to play for..

i cant watch UFC. I just cant stomach it. And this coming from someone who can watch boxing.
I enjoy watching it for the various techniques - both stand-up and when they go to ground.

But I also have a tough time stomaching how badly some people get beat up.

Unfortunately, the latter overcomes the former and I really don't watch it anymore...

I enjoy watching it for the various techniques - both stand-up and when they go to ground.

But I also have a tough time stomaching how badly some people get beat up.

Unfortunately, the latter overcomes the former and I really don't watch it anymore...

That's pretty much me. The sound of fist meeting skull is just a turnoff.

I really dont see much in it. boxing i see, this just looks like organized brawl..

I really dont see much in it. boxing i see, this just looks like organized brawl..
That is not true...in fact much more technique required for MMA than for boxing...boxing is single-side punching only...MMA is both sides with different types of hand strikes, kicks, elbows, knees, combos and that is just the stand up side...then there is the whole BJJ set of techniques that are used in ground fighting...

It really is a fascinating sport from a technique perspective. You cannot be proficient in just one technique and win. You have to be proficient in multiple techniques and it is always fascinating to watch a guy whose strength is BJJ, for example, go up against a guy who is primarily a stand-up guy...

Unfortunately, it is just too gorey for me...

You put Mayweather in an Octagon with McGregor and he would get annilihated.

Last edited:
maybe,, i have only seen 4-5 matches. everyone one guy gets pummeled with punches until some wild thing happens and they it becomes a mad scramble. no doubt there is technique to it.. But if find it crazy boring and violent.

As somebody who watched boxing heavily way back in the day and for a long time, I now watch UFC much more than I do boxing. It's somewhat like a car wreck where u can't turn away. I also recoil when the refs are slow to respond but most of them do a decent job.

As Forza said, styles make fights and the contrasts can be fascinating. The other aspect is the depth of the fight card. UFC will put on 8-10 matches and invariably 3-4 will be excellent fights. The Ferguson/Gatthje fight last Saturday night was tremendous. A lot of these fights are non-stop action and the outcomes can be unpredictable. Also, the cardio many of these guys have is off the charts. Five 5 minute rounds for championship fights is insane.

I have a Flyers to win the East ticket at 16/1, that’s great value now.

I also have Flyers over 89.5 points and the a season stopped on 89 LMAO

Resurrecting this for those who dabble and so I don’t inundate other threads with gambling info.

Anyone have any NFL win totals they are considering? I like Rams under 8.5, Bucs under 10

If you're not a degen you can skip this story:

Nothing like sweating the under in a NBA game. SA/NO this afternoon Under 237. Check the game and its 81-77 after 3. Think it's in the bag since there would need to be a 80 pt. quarter for me to lose. They scored 77. NO fouls SA down 120-113 with 10 seconds left. I can see the future here. The Euro from SA with hit both FT's and NO will hit the last second three for a 238 total and a loss for me. Part one goes as scheduled, but the Pelicans miss that last three and thankfully SA gets the rebound to run out the last 3 seconds. Spurs 122 Pelicans 113

If you're not a degen you can skip this story:

Nothing like sweating the under in a NBA game. SA/NO this afternoon Under 237. Check the game and its 81-77 after 3. Think it's in the bag since there would need to be a 80 pt. quarter for me to lose. They scored 77. NO fouls SA down 120-113 with 10 seconds left. I can see the future here. The Euro from SA with hit both FT's and NO will hit the last second three for a 238 total and a loss for me. Part one goes as scheduled, but the Pelicans miss that last three and thankfully SA gets the rebound to run out the last 3 seconds. Spurs 122 Pelicans 113
Been burned many times in very similar scenarios, usually college ball ... Last three minutes both teams hit a half dozen threes and a dozen foul shots as they drag out the finish

Hit probably the sickest bet of my life.

40x my normal fun bets. Tiger over 72.5 (par 70)

I've been tracking the leaderboard at work. He was at +2 twice but managed to bring it to -1 at one point with 3 straight birdies. He finishes 16 at E. I give up and go to lunch. Come back to check how he finished. Bogey on 17. Double bogey on 18. Ship it.

Hit probably the sickest bet of my life.

40x my normal fun bets. Tiger over 72.5 (par 70)

I've been tracking the leaderboard at work. He was at +2 twice but managed to bring it to -1 at one point with 3 straight birdies. He finishes 16 at E. I give up and go to lunch. Come back to check how he finished. Bogey on 17. Double bogey on 18. Ship it.
He had a wicked unlucky lip out on 14. That saved your arse skur!!!

Had a piece of the Dallas miracle/Atlanta collapse today. 4 team 7 pt. teaser for +180. Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Arizona had to just win baby. The first two were a sweat. The fourth team was Dallas teased to +3.5. Thought I was dead in the water. Didn't need the onside kick once they got the TD to make it 39-37 I was golden.

some interesting stuff coming out of the futures betting world.. A suit being filed in vegas because some sites are not paying out on futures tickets due to re-scheduling of events.. Many have vague rules and some claim events must take plays within 8 days of scheduled dates... It effects things like the French open which took place much later but many people have futures bets on the masters and dont know the tickets are worthless and will likely throw them away when their bet loses not even knowing they are due a refund already?

some interesting stuff coming out of the futures betting world.. A suit being filed in vegas because some sites are not paying out on futures tickets due to re-scheduling of events.. Many have vague rules and some claim events must take plays within 8 days of scheduled dates... It effects things like the French open which took place much later but many people have futures bets on the masters and dont know the tickets are worthless and will likely throw them away when their bet loses not even knowing they are due a refund already?

So the house won’t recognize a win.. but keeps your loss ? That’s trash move

yeah and it was the Westgate .. worst part is they didnt notify people who bet in the APP.

Anyone use Betonline? I’m going to be pissed if they aren’t back up by the morning

Anyone here use fanduel and know why they won't accept american express?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom