SportsCenter makes mention of officiating in Cuse/State game | Syracusefan.com

SportsCenter makes mention of officiating in Cuse/State game

Seth Davis actually came to the defence of our team on Inside CB tonight.

Wally S claims that it should definitely been a continuation. Seth said he was wrong, and in the NCAA it is no basket.

Some guy on the table then says -- Syracuse (the best in the nation) could only beat an average team by 1. Shows the slight margin between the best and average in the NCAA. Seth then countered (and got a little heated) and said that was a silly comment. The 1 point difference is not indicative of the difference between the two teams -- we are much better, just played a bad game.

Wally S claims that it should definitely been a continuation. Seth said he was wrong, and in the NCAA it is no basket.

Some guy on the table then says -- Syracuse (the best in the nation) could only beat an average team by 1. Shows the slight margin between the best and average in the NCAA. Seth then countered (and got a little heated) and said that was a silly comment. The 1 point difference is not indicative of the difference between the two teams -- we are much better, just played a bad game.

Which guy? Sounds like the type of idiot that makes the type of argument like:

Georgetown beat Michigan State.
Northeastern beat Georgetown.
North Carolina Wilmington beat Northeastern.
Therefore, North Carolina Wilmington (265 RPI) is better than Michigan State!!!

Says Cat Barber was still moving on Ennis charge at the end of the game, questionable call.

:rolling:

Someone go tell PackPride we won despite the officiating. ;)
They missed the foul on SportsCenter.
They said the defender was "moving his feet to beat him (TE) to the spot."
The foul was TE clearing out the guy with his right arm.
He did it.

Did Ennis foul the player on the 3 point try? No one disputed the call butI really didn't see any contact or did I miss it?.

Looks like the Duke complainathon is now taking it's shape and becoming a thing just like the Dukie V yapping about SU never leaving NYS in the past. Say something loud and often enough it'll stick sooner or later especially if you have the pulpit.

Did Ennis foul the player on the 3 point try? No one disputed the call butI really didn't see any contact or did I miss it?.

I was watching on ESPN3 so I couldn't replay it but I didn't see contact either.
Ennis had a guilty look on his face, so that was enough of a confirmation for me.

Which guy? Sounds like the type of idiot that makes the type of argument like:

Georgetown beat Michigan State.
Northeastern beat Georgetown.
North Carolina Wilmington beat Northeastern.
Therefore, North Carolina Wilmington (265 RPI) is better than Michigan State!!!

Maybe not better than MSU, but definitely better than Georgetown...

They missed the foul on SportsCenter.
They said the defender was "moving his feet to beat him (TE) to the spot."
The foul was TE clearing out the guy with his right arm.
He did it.
And it was uncharacteristic of Ennis' play this season. He tried to beat Barber with sheer foot speed, and he had little chance to do that. All year, he has used change of direction and change of pace to get open. That's his strength. I hope he returns to those tactics.

orangeinohio said:
I was watching on ESPN3 so I couldn't replay it but I didn't see contact either. Ennis had a guilty look on his face, so that was enough of a confirmation for me.

Hit him on the elbow as he was releasing the ball. Classic dumb foul.

And it was uncharacteristic of Ennis' play this season. He tried to beat Barber with sheer foot speed, and he had little chance to do that. All year, he has used change of direction and change of pace to get open. That's his strength. I hope he returns to those tactics.

Those are the kind of mistakes that come from being mentally tired.

Says Cat Barber was still moving on Ennis charge at the end of the game, questionable call.

Of course he was. You can't play defense standing still when the guy with the ball is moving. A long time ago, a defensive player had to be stationary, with both feet on the floor, to draw a charge. That has changed. The new interpretation is that once a defensive player has established legal guarding position, he can move to maintain it. Once a defender has given up position, he must re-establish it, and until he does the onus of any contact is upon him.

One thing about Seth and cuse is that usually if its not him calling us out he defends us to other knuckleheads.

Wally Szczerbiak doesn't know what he's talking about. It baffles me how a guy like that can get paid as an analyst and say stupid things. That's just another reason I don't place a lot of stock in things announcers say.

He maybe lightly brushed his arm after the ball was out of the shooter's hands - no affect on the shot. Probably technically a foul but one where I think they should change the rule.

Wally Szczerbiak doesn't know what he's talking about. It baffles me how a guy like that can get paid as an analyst and say stupid things. That's just another reason I don't place a lot of stock in things announcers say.
He's actually an awesome analyst when doing the Knicks. That being said, he should probably stick to the Knicks.

Oh, it was definitely an offensive foul on Ennis, that's what makes it so funny.

Ya, I feel like I've been on the other end of this 1,174 times. Get hosed for most of the game, and SportsCenter mentions a call you got at the end. Haha oh well.

BTW Duke apparently got poessession on consecutive jump balls yesterday. It appears to have not made mainstream news somehow.

who cares what everyone else thinks, especially the other teams fans. We are 25-0 and they are just jealous.

He maybe lightly brushed his arm after the ball was out of the shooter's hands - no affect on the shot. Probably technically a foul but one where I think they should change the rule.

When a good shooter misses the rim by 3 feet like that, you know the contact created a disadvantage. It was the right call.

Of course he was. You can't play defense standing still when the guy with the ball is moving. A long time ago, a defensive player had to be stationary, with both feet on the floor, to draw a charge. That has changed. The new interpretation is that once a defensive player has established legal guarding position, he can move to maintain it. Once a defender has given up position, he must re-establish it, and until he does the onus of any contact is upon him.
Where do you see that in the rules?