Spring Evaluation Live Period 26-28 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Evaluation Live Period 26-28

Francis03

All American
http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2013/04/spring-evaluation-live-period-26-28.html
Same deal as last week. Check here for updates and all of that good stuff. With the SU b-ball gala taking place on Saturday. I don't think we'll have much presence from the staff attending games this weekend, but I still expect to hear a lot of SU being mentioned out in Philly and VA.

Day One

Look for Kentucky to get involved with Tyus Battle. Tom Crean has a mancrush on Goodluck and is currently stalking him in Philly. IU could be our main comp for him.

Following from tos "Marcus Derrickson -- A four-star power forward from the 2015 class playing up, Derrickson, of Washington D.C.-based Team Takeover, was impressive in a win over the Alabama Challenge. While Takeover guards focused on doing everything imaginable to slow four-star Challenge guard Devin Booker, Derrickson handled the offensive load. The wide-bodied bruiser showed touch around the basket, chased down rebounds for second effort and attacked off the block and in face-up situations. Coaches from Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Georgetown, Xavier, Notre Dame, North Carolina and Maryland watched Takeover in the win."

EYBL notable stats
McCullough 14pts, 6rbs
Cheick Diallo 18pts, 12rbs, 3blks
Briscoe 25pts, 2-4 3pt
Whitehead 17pts, 4rbs, 3-5 3pt
Vaughn 22pts, 6rbs, 6ast
Wiley 14pts, 4ast

Day Two

Expect things to heat up with Briscoe. UK, Duke, Zona, and Florida are some of the names that are starting to show some heavy interest. The close friendship he has with Tyler will be key.

Another 2014 guard that I hope we show interest in again is JaQuan Newton from Philly. The biggest flaw he had over the years was his jump shot, but that has now improved and he's able to knock down three's with consistency now. Nova has been the team rumored to beat at the moment.

Hearing Thomas Bryant and Devonte Green are killing it out in VA for Team Scan 16u.

Cheick Diallo's stock is continuing to rise from the reports out in VA. Evan Daniels wrote the following on Diallo. "Diallo seemed motivated going up against top five prospect Ivan Rabb. In fact, it looked down right personal, the way Diallo played throughout the game against the Oakland Soldiers. Diallo was physical and aggressive. He grabbed every board he could in and out of his area. Plus he showed more on the offensive end than we’ve seen in the past. He didn’t have trouble finishing around the rim and dropped in two right jump hooks. This was a statement game for Diallo."

Here is another evaluation Daniels wrote on Tyus Battle. "It didn’t take long to see why many are so high on the 6-foot-5 wing out of New Jersey. He has a long, wiry frame that will add weight in time. He’s a very good athlete that handles the ball well and score attacking the basket or with mid-range jump shots. In a morning game, Battle made plays at the rim and dropped in floaters in the lane. His long term potential is impressive and high major schools are already offering him scholarships."

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/3065/Saturday-at-the-Phillly-Jam-Fest.php
"New England has been well represented with a number of programs in action, a number of whom were making headlines on Saturday.
In the u17 division, Goodluck Okonoboh’s defensive dominance was something special to behold as he turned away shots with incredibly athleticism and frequency throughout the day. The Rivals scored a win over the Jersey Shore Warriors to earn a spot in Saturday’s quarterfinal round. Kaleb Joseph continued to be a major spark plug offensively while Sammy Mojica’s playmaking, Matt Cimino’s long range shooting, and Mike Auger’s toughness were all crucial components to their success."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ok-kelly-oubre-showing-off-versatile-skillset
Diallo and Jakeenan Gant gets mentioned in the recap.

EYBL notable stats 2 games today.
McCullough 5pts, 11rbs, 2blks. 3pts, 7rbs, 1blk(fouled out).
Diallo 19pts, 16rbs, 1blk. 24pts, 17rbs, 4blks.
Briscoe 32pts, 5rbs, 4ast. 17pts, 4ast.
Whitehead 16pts, 6rbs. 23pts, 9rbs, 6ast.
Vaughn 21pts, 10rbs, 4ast. 12pts, 6rbs.
Wiley 9pts. 24pts, 5-8 3pt.

Day three

Keep an eye on the following 2015 players moving forward. PF/C Chris Egi, SG Austin Grandstaff, PF Tyler Lydon.

EYBL notable stats 2 games today.
McCullough 12pts, 9rbs, 1blk. 14pts, 14rbs, 1blk. Team Scan is 6-3 overall.
Diallo 7pts, 10rbs, 4blks. 9pts, 10rbs, 1blk.
Briscoe 17pts, 4ast. 24pts, 5ast, 4rbs. NJ Playaz are 5-4 overall.
Whitehead 11pts, 7rbs, 3ast. 11pts, 5rbs, 2ast.
Vaughn 19pts, 5rbs. 11pts, 3rbs, 2ast.
Wiley 8pts. 24pts, 6rbs, 5-10 3pt.

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2013/04/nike-eybl-session-2-cuse-targets-stats.html
EYBL session 2 overall averages for all of the cuse targets, which includes more than the ones listed above.

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2013/04/spring-evaluation-live-period-26-28.html
Same deal as last week. Check here for updates and all of that good stuff. With the SU b-ball gala taking place on Saturday. I don't think we'll have much presence from the staff attending games this weekend, but I still expect to hear a lot of SU being mentioned out in Philly and VA.
Yeah boy!

Please hope someone streams Mass R i v a l s (Kaleb, Goodluck and crew), NJ Playaz (Briscoe) and Team Scan (Hammer, Bryant, Diallo).
Streamers, whoever you are lol, hook it up!
Who am I talking too? :)

Yeah boy!

Please hope someone streams Mass R i v a l s (Kaleb, Goodluck and crew), NJ Playaz (Briscoe) and Team Scan (Hammer, Bryant, Diallo).
Streamers, whoever you are lol, hook it up!
Who am I talking too? :)
Solitude.

Isn't Whitehead playing with Briscoe? I thought I saw somewhere they were playing together in some tourney...?

Isn't Whitehead playing with Briscoe? I thought I saw somewhere they were playing together in some tourney...?
Haven't heard about that but it could be possible. Whitehead plays on the Under Armour circuit for the Juice All Stars, which is basically Lincoln high, and Briscoe plays on the Nike circuit for the NJ Playaz(sneaker politics, yeah I knowOh Lord). I don't see Whitehead's team listed anywhere for the tourneys this weekend. So it's possible he could join another team for this weekend. Would love to see him play with McCullough on Team Scan as they talked about before, but like I mentioned sneaker politics might get in the way.

Day one updates up top.
Thanks my man.
I was just going to start a thread of how badly I need a hoops fix.
Streamers, stream!
Going to dig tonight to find something, although BJ and Aces chip game video was very enjoyable the other night.
Cheick looks like he's going hog wild, along with Briscoe, Whitehead and Vaughn.

Day two updates up top. Hey Tee, what you thought about the Bullock kid from Roselle? He's a 2016 player who is playing well in AAU ball so far and he's telling people that he likes SU. I never really focused on him when I watched RC play, but figured you would have a better read on him about his potential at the moment.

Day two updates up top. Hey Tee, what you thought about the Bullock kid from Roselle? He's a 2016 player who is playing well in AAU ball so far and he's telling people that he likes SU. I never really focused on him when I watched RC play, but figured you would have a better read on him about his potential at the moment.
He definitely had some moments. Going to look back on some of the play by plays, and maybe take in one of the games in which he had a decent statistical performance. I should be able give you a little writeup today.

I do remember this: For a 6'4 forward, he seems to be a plus rebounder. Not sure he had logged a ton of minutes, as they had three guards starting (if you count Malachi as a guard) and Roberson and Obame (also goes by Silva) as forwards just for defense and length as Obame was 6'8 or 6'9.

He definitely had some moments. Going to look back on some of the play by plays, and maybe take in one of the games in which he had a decent statistical performance. I should be able give you a little writeup by tonight.

I do remember this: For a 6'4 forward, he seems to be a plus rebounder. Not sure he had logged a ton of minutes, as they had three guards starting (if you count Malachi as a guard) and Roberson and Obame (also goes by Silva) as forwards just for defense and length as Obame was 6'8 or 6'9.
Thanks. I remember him in one of the games coming of the bench and giving them lots of energy with hustle plays. I hear he's handling the rock and scoring mostly off of slashes to the rim in spring ball. Seems like he's able to do his own thing now and show off a different skill set than he could in limited minutes for RC this past season. He should log plenty next season with The Beast and Saintil graduating.

This is one of his better games, from a play by play I did a while back. Against a decent team in Seton Hall Prep. He does a little of everything this game. Passes, rebounds, even shoots from outside. Class of 2016, so he still has time to grow but probably projects as a big wing. He tallied 12 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 1 three pointer made. Remember that next year, his minutes should increase as I'm guessing he will start.

Aside from this game, he did have another big moment and was in at the end of the game, knocking down successive FTs to put RC up by 4 in the important win against St. Anthony.

Seton Hall Prep Game
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/game/score/1506605/

bullock missed half try at dunk
malachi dishes to bullock misses but mugged for 2 shots
bullock great low post move for easy bank

bullock on a drive but misses

tyler hits 1st but misses 2nd, bullock gets fouled after getting offensive rebound
bullock alley oop to the Beast, and Tyler has arrived!
also, something to be said for bullock's great play

bullock nice one handed move in the blocks for a score
bullock three!
bullock open floor one handed STUFF

tyler came on strong, as did malachi and bullock. great game.

As you can see, very active and really does a lot of different things. I know that this was Tyler's road map early on as well, so a sign of good things if he has the same work ethic I've heard about Tyler. He gets to the line, unselfish, but takes his shot when it's there. I don't remember him forcing tough shots, so something to be said of efficiency here.

Still, he's in between that 2 and 3 position right now, and hopefully he gets his identity down the road time as he grows in size and progresses his game. I would say he needs another look next season as he is relied upon more as a leader along with Malachi and Gist.

Another thing, Francis. Look for him to slide into that third guard or wing as Saintil and Highsmith move on.

Starting lineup if they don't shuffle around schools:
PG Gist
G/F Richardson
G/F Bullock
F Lewis
F Obame

Look for Isaiah Still to take on an expanded role as well.

Another thing, Francis. Look for him to slide into that third guard or wing as Saintil and Highsmith move on.

Starting lineup if they don't shuffle around schools:
PG Gist
G/F Richardson
G/F Bullock
F Lewis
F Obame

Look for Isaiah Still to take on an expanded role as well.
Great stuff as usual Tee. Looking forward to see how Bullock and Richardson expand their games next season. Isaiah Still transferred to The Patrick School mid-season. They supposedly have a quality transfer coming in for next season but I forgot his name.

Great stuff as usual Tee. Looking forward to see how Bullock and Richardson expand their games next season. Isaiah Still transferred to The Patrick School mid-season. They supposedly have a quality transfer coming in for next season but I forgot his name.
Ha, Still. These guys are on loan ala Soccer. But, I understand, as RC had so many weapons, probably the best thing for him. I really wish Gist would have a Jerami Grant-like growth spurt.

Or maybe like this guy (love this picture).
AnthonyDavis1.jpg

Cheick Diallo - Holy Cow! Man I hope we get him. It would sure nice to have a center who can fill up the stat sheet on both ends of the floor.
Yeah, completely agree. We knew of his defensive prowess, but his offensive interior game really looks like it's taken off.
I really hope we land either 14' Goodluck or 15' Cheick.
Or both. What a "problem" that would be to have. ;)

Is there any reason for concern with the mediocre stat lines McCullough is putting up?

Is there any reason for concern with the mediocre stat lines McCullough is putting up?
Got into foul trouble and struggled with shooting another game. I wouldn't worry about the struggles. In fact, this should cheer you up.
Not just a dunkfest, some pretty good plays with contact but you have to fully watch it.

Hammertime.

Got into foul trouble and struggled with shooting another game. I wouldn't worry about the struggles. In fact, this should cheer you up.
Not just a dunkfest, some pretty good plays with contact but you have to fully watch it.

Hammertime.

I liked the Syracuse socks!

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2013/04/nike-eybl-session-2-cuse-targets-stats.html
EYBL session 2 overall averages for all of the cuse targets, which includes more than the ones listed above.
I have to admit I don't follow recruiting nearly as close as you do but I always read your posts. Not to kiss your butt, but you are by far one of my favorite posters. You have so much knowledge but seem to have the rare ability not to talk down to people when you are discussing things on here.

I have to admit I don't follow recruiting nearly as close as you do but I always read your posts. Not to kiss your butt, but you are by far one of my favorite posters. You have so much knowledge but seem to have the rare ability not to talk down to people when you are discussing things on here.
Thanks, I really appreciate that. I could never talk down to anyone because we're all equal on here, plus having great discussions and reading various opinions is something that I always look forward to. Obviously there are a few posters who we have to get our Iron Sheik onIronSheiksmiley.png and humble them for talking nonsense(Iggy), but overall it's all fun and harmless for me at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom