Spring Football starts March 30 | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Football starts March 30

all of which is why many think he should be in the slot, not out wide.

Taj is a RAC machine; he's elite WITH the ball in his hands.

He is NOT elite at getting the ball into his hands.

So - let's make the "getting the ball into his hands" part easier and happen more often, so he can then do the things he is really, really great at.
That's a good way to describe. He's an animal once he's got the ball. Maybe a bit timid getting the ball.

If our passing game had been effective - Taj’s #’s would be stupid.

He’s a ball player. Do I like the demonstrative behavior? No. But, athletes get frustrated, especially when they’re good ones who know they could be doing more.

Taj can have a huge year this year, and he should. We should celebrate him, bc he’s a talent. Feed him, move the sticks, hit some deep shots.

If our passing game had been effective - Taj’s #’s would be stupid.

He’s a ball player. Do I like the demonstrative behavior? No. But, athletes get frustrated, especially when they’re good ones who know they could be doing more.

Taj can have a huge year this year, and he should. We should celebrate him, bc he’s a talent. Feed him, move the sticks, hit some deep shots.
Yup. He would have had atleast 70 catches last year if we had a functional offense. Some see the reactive behavior in the game and label him as a problem team mate. I heard it’s the opposite of that. His team mates love him and the coaches are trying to get other players to play with the same passion he has.

Yup. He would have had atleast 70 catches last year if we had a functional offense. Some see the reactive behavior in the game and label him as a problem team mate. I heard it’s the opposite of that. His team mates love him and the coaches are trying to get other players to play with the same passion he has.
That's interesting, and perhaps a little telling as well. There are different ways and needs when it comes to leading. We have more than several high-quality character players from what I've read/heard and those are critical for stability and keeping people grounded. But to your point, we need that fire, that passion, that helps to put you and your team over the top. Your head has to be in the game, to be sure, but you gotta have lots of heart to get to that next level...(cue clips from The Express, The Replacements, Rudy, Invincible, etc.).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom