Spring Game April 20th | 7 PM | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game April 20th | 7 PM

My first thought is I will probably go home for dinner and head back later. I think lax games usually take a little over 2 hours, so we are looking at an almost 3 hour wait. No bueno.

if SU is planning to.offer some new food options at the dome, this would be a great time to roll them out. Or experiment With some new things they are thinking of adding to.the menu. And yes, food options at the dome desperately need to be expanded.

i like the food truck suggestion if they would be allowed on the Quad, or someplace near the dome, like College Place (yes in the street), the street formerly known as University Place (I think it is called Einhorn Family Walk now that it has been shut down to vehicle traffic). Or Hendricks Field or the area just north of the dome (lots,of,open space there for. food trucks and some tables).

Would be nice to have some live music to listen to while eating as well.

they had 3-4 food trucks for the fball games. Although it meant less food options with SU not selling food after that.

turn on the big TV and let people eat and stay inside.

I’m wondering if they can’t do to safety issues or something?

Who knows, I’m sure we will here plans soon enough

Perhaps that will be an option

I would bet tho, they will want to do something on the quad

If the weather is nice the quad works out fine.

If the weather sucks and people have hours to kill, I don't know that they will want to go stand in the rain for 3 hrs.

How many will hang around for that period of time is a good question.

lax 2-4
Fball is 7Pm but warmups probably more like 6:30.

If your roll people out by 430 they can head back in by 6 , so not a ton of time to kill either way.

Make everyone leave, check the building and let them back in earlier might work, That way if its bad weather people could go get food, but likely you wont let them bring it in.

I'm guessing they'll have some entertainment and ways to keep people in the building, otherwise you're completely destroying your reasoning for hosting directly after a huge lax game.

Would be easy for a postgame/pregame autograph session for both Lax and Football. Could also get some small local musical acts, the band, etc etc

I'm sure there are LAX fans who will head home, and I'm sure there are FB fans with little kids who have no interest in arriving at 2 PM.

Too big a time gap between games. People are not going to sit around for three hours. If you have to travel at all, there’s little chance fans come for both events.

Between the LAX game and Spring game?

They likely will have to empty the dome before the football game.

parking is also going to be tricky I would assume
I thought the Spring Game is free?

I thought the Spring Game is free?

Spring game is free to attend and parking

LAX game is not and parking is at a cost

Not sure if they are required, due to fire codes etc, to clear the stadium

Last year we had to get tickets even though they were free, probably for planning purposes. The seating was still GA though. Is it the same process this year?

Last year we had to get tickets even though they were free, probably for planning purposes. The seating was still GA though. Is it the same process this year?
assuming so as it has been the same since ive been a season ticket holder

Bone headed idea to have the spring game this late. Early to mid-afternoon would have encouraged families to come and start youngsters to become fans. Another lost opportunity to refresh and rekindle Cuse football in nys. Fans from Buffalo to Albany to the southern tier to the north country may have come if there was a sensible start time.

Bone headed idea to have the spring game this late. Early to mid-afternoon would have encouraged families to come and start youngsters to become fans. Another lost opportunity to refresh and rekindle Cuse football in nys. Fans from Buffalo to Albany to the southern tier to the north country may have come if there was a sensible start time.
They can't have a lacrosse game and football game going at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom