Spring Game April 20th | 7 PM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game April 20th | 7 PM

Bone headed idea to have the spring game this late. Early to mid-afternoon would have encouraged families to come and start youngsters to become fans. Another lost opportunity to refresh and rekindle Cuse football in nys. Fans from Buffalo to Albany to the southern tier to the north country may have come if there was a sensible start time.

Kinda had no choice with the Lacrosse game at 2pm

lacrosse brings in more $ since the football is a free event and parking?
Plus lacrosse is scheduled for ESPNU so don't have a ton of flexibility there. But cayuga isn't even prepared to discuss this intelligently so why bother?

Plus lacrosse is scheduled for ESPNU so don't have a ton of flexibility there. But cayuga isn't even prepared to discuss this intelligently so why bother?
A solution should have accomplished long before a conflict with lacrosse came into play but I do agree it is all about the money now.

Last edited:
We started having the spring game at night after the Dome renovation. The new lighting system and effects are much more dramatic that way.
Yup. And if it was during the day people would complain about kids baseball games, lax or other spring sports. Can’t win. At least the football only crowd can do other stuff during the day and head to the Dome after. It only sucks for out of towners who want to go to both events. But I’m not complaining.

Yup. And if it was during the day people would complain about kids baseball games, lax or other spring sports. Can’t win. At least the football only crowd can do other stuff during the day and head to the Dome after. It only sucks for out of towners who want to go to both events. But I’m not complaining.

Heck, I’m taking the whole weekend to be up there

Big lax game and spring football game in same day??

I’m amped!

I saw Bruce from the Pit in Rochester when he played there last. I was right up front. It was a pretty cool experience!
My fave Bruce pit experience was Clarence's (RIP) last concert in Buffalo in '09. Great time and phenomenal show. All of my shows from last year got rescheduled and the only one that happened to work out with new dates was this one. It's my son's school break so he gets to take friends spot and go to the spring game/lax too. Worked out well for us luckily.

The AmeriCU Spring Game will bookend an exciting day in the JMA Wireless Dome on Saturday, April 20.

Kicking off at 7 p.m., the game will be the first opportunity for 'Cuse fans to see new Head Coach Fran Brown's squad in action. Tickets are free, but must be claimed at Cuse.com/Tickets.

The Orange 2024 roster will feature a host of key returners, impact transfers and the highest-rated recruiting class in the modern era for 'Cuse football. Fans who can't make it to the Dome can watch live on ACCNX.

The event will also feature opportunities to look ahead to the next phase of the JMA Dome Transformation Project, which will feature new seating throughout the venue this football season. Fans can experience samples of the new seats and purchase their season tickets for next year. Game format, rosters and more event information will officially be announced closer to the game.

That day will also feature a crucial lacrosse game for the Orange. At 2 p.m., Syracuse and Virginia will face off, pitting two of the nation's current top-six ranked teams against each other. Tickets for that matchup are available at Cuse.com/Tickets. Legendary midfielder Paul Gait will have his jersey retirement ceremony at halftime.

JMA Dome gates will open for football patrons at 6 p.m. Parking is free in the west lots, but due to those lots also being used for the lacrosse contest, fans are encouraged to build in extra time in their commute.

Scanned the thread before asking, but will concessions be open in any capacity? Excited to get up there for the scrimmage.

Scanned the thread before asking, but will concessions be open in any capacity? Excited to get up there for the scrimmage.

I would be SHOCKED if they werent

I can’t say for sure but yes they will be

I don't get how people can be upset with two really fun events taking place on a Saturday. Lynyrd Skynyrd has teamed up with ZZ Top on tour this year. I'll stay for both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom