Spring Game April 20th | 7 PM | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game April 20th | 7 PM

That’s all I’m saying, more or less. I understand he’s a first time head coach. I don’t think he’s above constructive commentary about things that happen. Largely it’s been positive regarding recruiting. It’s great. I’m excited! Just didn’t like the press conference. Higher Ed is a nuanced place and if you go in like a bulldozer, it isn’t necessarily helpful.
Nuanced, as in filled with ego’s? Bunch of administrative shovel leaners.

As for Brown's demeanor in his pressers overall...

One can argue (and the one posting this has argued) that the decline of the program was, in part, due to Pasqualoni's unwillingness to make public the idiotic way SU was handling football revenue.

SU's utter failure to properly fund all aspects of the program was enormously destructive. While I respect Paul being a company man, he didn't do anyone any favors by staying quiet.

Marrone took a similar approach, it seems like. And while that may be noble, it doesn't affect change.

Brown's job is on the line. If he doesn't get the support he feels he needs then he should verbalize that, privately and publicly. The other approach clearly didn't work at all.
Not job, career.

This doesn’t work out right, he’s a lifetime position coach/recruiter.

Not job, career.

This doesn’t work out right, he’s a lifetime position coach/recruiter.
Maybe. He's young enough where if this isn't an abject failure he could get another chance years from now.

But in the broad sense, I agree with you.

McCord, Lequint, Willis, Peña, Haynes….. wow I’m blown away. I’ll be honest I was questioning the pena love, now I’m not. And wait we still have Meeks, potentially Justus Ross-Simmons, and OG waiting in the wings?? What! I seriously am blown away. I seriously think it’s not crazy to say 9-3/10-2 next year.

Oh boy which one of you was asking for autographs mid game
It was the swarm of pop warner kids begging at the rails. I saw two players (who I will not out here ;) ) try desperately to tell the kids they would “get them after the game”, but the kids wore them down. This was just after the game started, and one of the players was a true freshman. He saw an upperclassman next to him do it and broke down. I knew that was gonna be a no-no. Fran doesn’t miss a thing. I did not see anyone near me sign after that other than the NFL guys. Cisco, Bergeron, Hassan Reddick and Garrett Williams.

Gill’s father was sitting behind me. He’s hilarious. Was really chiding the defense whenever his son made a play.

If we (as a university AND a fanbase) can't pull this off with this guy, maybe big time college football just isn't made for us.
No truer statement. The crowd was ok, the alumni are behind the program and the collectives are doing their part. SU is a community program and the community needs to support it by showing up. If we can’t do that, then hello patriot league in 3 years. The program Fran is putting together will win now!! We can’t use the excuse, we will support when they win. That simply won’t work anymore.

Agreed. I just don't get making a big deal about this. I just don't.

If a big deal should be made about something, it should be HCFB wearing a Philadelphia Eagles jersey on his first Quad Walk. ;) (Don't @ me. I know exactly whose jersey he was wearing).

IMO, he should be wearing a Syracuse varsity jacket. Period. Only semi-joking here.
Who’s jersey was it? I didn’t make the connection.

McCord, Lequint, Willis, Peña, Haynes….. wow I’m blown away. I’ll be honest I was questioning the pena love, now I’m not. And wait we still have Meeks, potentially Justus Ross-Simmons, and OG waiting in the wings?? What! I seriously am blown away. I seriously think it’s not crazy to say 9-3/10-2 next year.
Ross and Hornsby will be in the rotation of talent.

I think the school and admin need to be slapped around publicly a bit by the coach to get them to stop dragging their feet.

I'm sure he told them upfront what he needs and wants to see from them and they half assed it or they didnt do what they said they would do.

So he is calling them out publicly. What are they going to do? Fire him?

They have been so half assed and lazy compared to the big programs, content to collect checks for so long that they have forgotten how to run a big boy program.

You want to be big boy, come ready to play like a big boy, and be ready to work.
100% this. The admin portion of things has caused some fairly bad public embarrassment for the program. Misspelling names is one that has happened several times in the past decade. The lack of care for our university that has to be present in order for that to happen is astounding.

I think we are all fine seeing our athletic department try new things and, if they aren’t a hit, at least they tried. What Fran called them out on was not demonstrating a very basic level of care. He should, that sort of behavior bleeds through everything. Who else is going to do it if he doesn’t? I think it would be odd to hear Wildhack say it.

Agreed about swearing on mic, not because I’m above it (I forget myself all the time) but because it’s not necessary and it could lead to a poor perception of Coach Brown by some when that isn’t warranted. I want him to win at everything just like he seems to want to.

Yes I ended that sentence with “to”, come at me Newhouse newsies!

And make no mistake, he will hold the fans accountable. We need to support this program.
I expected more of us at the Quad Walk quite honestly, especially given the horde of lax fans that were funneling down towards the West Lots. Seems that many of them could have stuck around another 45 minutes before running to the cars. The Chapel area would have been packed! I suppose the University could have done a better job to draw people to the Quad Walk. We watched the end of the lax game on TV and still made it across town in time to get to Hendrick’s.

I saw a guy wearing a Syracuse NIL pullover. Had a unique patch on it. I’m assuming that is something you get for being part of a collective?

What I *love* is -
Kyle can get it outta there in a hurry when he needs to.

That big pass play to Peña, he threw it like a second after receiving the snap.

I was shocked how far down the field that throw was, that quickly.

Normally a pass that quick is a hitch or slant, like 5 yards past the LOS.

I don’t think I saw McCord get happy feet even once.
He stepped up or over a few times to buy himself time, but never looked rushed or stressed while doing so.
Dude is one cool cat.
TBH it's easy to not get happy feet or look stressed when you're wearing a different color jersey and can't get hit.

Not that he wasn't impressive, but once the season starts I hope that continues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom