Spring Game Attendance Estimates | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game Attendance Estimates

StLouisCuse

Walk On
Hey all,

With all the excitement building and the local media beginning to (slowly) hype the spring game with Coach Fran and Coach E discussing it on the local radio, wanted to start a fun thread about what we're all thinking in terms of spring game attendance?

I'll start with a guess of 12,000. Too optimist? Too pessimistic? Go!

Hey all,

With all the excitement building and the local media beginning to (slowly) hype the spring game with Coach Fran and Coach E discussing it on the local radio, wanted to start a fun thread about what we're all thinking in terms of spring game attendance?

I'll start with a guess of 12,000. Too optimist? Too pessimistic? Go!
I need to see how close the spring game will be to the lacrosse game. And how late in the day it will be.

And how it is marketed. It sounds like Coach Brown wants to make it a real game with two team going at it hard and real hitting.

I liked Coach Babers but between his chronic problems getting a full roster in place and his reluctance to show anything of interest to anyone at anytime, he watered down the spring game to the point where even die hard fans were asking themselves if it was worth it to attend any longer.

I think a lot of fans have been turned off to the idea of the spring game because of how Coach Babers treated it. It might take time to repair all the damage he caused here.

That said, it is clear Coach Brown's arrival has energized the fan base. I don't know about others but his comments about the spring game to date have got me more excited about watching it than I have since the days of Barry 'Touchdown Maker' Baker.

Anything over 7500 and I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Some promotional ideas:
  • National Anthem sung by William Shatner
  • Halftime reenactment of Washington crossing the Delaware
  • Bring a smelt. Get a smelt. (Up to 5)
  • Competitive Dome Dog eating contest
  • YouTube clip of Lucy lighting her nose on fire
  • Smoking allowed for a change
  • Former Syracusan Tom Cruise rappels down from scoreboard
  • Larry Csonka moustache shave for charity
  • Vanessa Williams slide show
  • Knack tribute band performs "My Sharona"
  • All private boxes open to the public
  • Pet friendly event
Oh, I could go on and on. I already have.

not sure it will be counted so bring your clicker!

I mean, the capacity of the Dome is roughly 50K...

I would hope we can get to 25K.

Kyle McCord alone should do that, IMO. They need to get all youth football teams out, all of their parents, all of the alumni, and do something for the students to attend.

April 20 game at 6... over by 8-8:30, and have some sort of quad party for the students until 11. Or have Block Party that night.

Can't be that hard.

Kyle McCord alone should do that, IMO. They need to get all youth football teams out, all of their parents, all of the alumni, and do something for the students to attend.

April 20 game at 6... over by 8-8:30, and have some sort of quad party for the students until 11. Or have Block Party that night.

Can't be that hard.
Closer to 2.5k than 25k

Closer to 2.5k than 25k
Maybe... but I'm wondering what it might take to get to 15K or 20K...

Lax game should hopefully help. Not that much of a turnaround needed I wouldn't think.

2pm game. Done by 4pm. Give 30-60 minutes for cleanup. Warmup starts at 5. Game starts at 6.

Can't be that hard.
This team could be coming off of a national championship and you wouldn't get 25k in the Dome for a glorified scrimmage.

"Can't be that hard." LOL

This team could be coming off of a national championship and you wouldn't get 25k in the Dome for a glorified scrimmage.

"Can't be that hard." LOL
Agree. We didn't even get that for basketball exhibition games when we were really good.

Maybe... but I'm wondering what it might take to get to 15K or 20K...

Lax game should hopefully help. Not that much of a turnaround needed I wouldn't think.

2pm game. Done by 4pm. Give 30-60 minutes for cleanup. Warmup starts at 5. Game starts at 6.
I'm in for the day. Hope the concessions are fired up and the Fiddleheads are stocked.