Spring Game | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game

As always this was a spring game so take everything with a grain of salt.

The biggest thing I saw was how well Servais played at right tackle. He was fine in pass protection and awesome in the run game. I was really impressed with both tackles. They might be the best tandem since Pugh and Hickey .
Both Strickland and Neal looked good. Neal hits the hole fast and Stickland was laying the shoulder on the defenders . The running game looked good but I am starting to worry about the receivers. I think Butler will be ok but no one else stood out. Custis just doesn't look like a football player out there. No one did anything from the slot. Pierce is the best threat now. We might need a freshman to step up.

Kids need to go to sleep. I will do a write up on the D a little later.

The picture of Dungey is him waving at my daughter right after the other two kids just got his signature. I can not express how amazing all the players where to the kids and how happy they where to have use our watching. We got to talk to Dungey a bit and told him the story about how our baby was born after the Clemson game which him and Strickland had a good laugh over. Was an awesome experience for us all and was pretty cool to see the kids running around on the field.

Came on my lunch break and was there for maybe 25-30 minutes. Loved what Chance Amie showed out there in the amount of time he was given.

Ok little ones are finally asleep.

Dline really has a chance to be special when Coleman comes back. Black and Slayton are going to be hell for I terior lineman. They are both large men who can beat their man with strength or quickness.
No one really stood out at linebacker. I don't know if they didn't make any big plans or if I just missed it.
The defense played a lot of nickel or 4-2-5 in the second portion. Cordy played nickel and looked solid. I think that would be his best position because of his versatility in coverage or blitzing. Frederick and Bradshaw are legit ACC corners who just need to stay healthy. Cisco looks like a kid who is ready to play. I could see him starting game one.
Lastly Evan Foster looked like a different player. He was moving well and helping others get in position. Overall I think the D has potential. Really need to find consistent play from a few linebackers .

On Oline, I thought the unit was more cohesive than last year, albeit, against the 2's. Improved some in the run game, as well. Drop off for the 2's, but they were also going against the 1 Def. Hopefully that's a credit to the ones. Also. When there was a little more focus in the film, I saw Dakota Davis working with the 1's at right guard. Interesting.

If the Oline can carry that over into a real game, I think that bodes really well.

As far as WR. If you check the Babers podcast, he says that's a work in progress. Possibility some incoming frosh to earn a role.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom