Spring Game | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game

Whatever.

Literally was taking photos as we approached him. He finished and turned to go upstairs.
He’s pretty recognizable, and people were taking photos with him. You’re right, probably just an usher here.
Woah, relax there. Just a joke... :bat:

I thought Marvin was supposed to be this moody guy who wanted nothing to do with SU. He sure doesn't seem like it here. Was it the recognition by the Hall of Fame that turned him around? or was the image wrong to begin with.

I'm not sure the image was wrong considering it's the first time in 23 years he's had anything to do with SU. But nice to see.

Between not streaming Orange Madness and now the "Spring Game", I don't understand the logic. I understand trying to get locals to come as they're more likely to buy season tickets, but you're a small private that has a football program that doesn't have much influence outside of CNY. Would it hurt to utilize the top facilities in college to stream the game for alumni and fans across the country?

I'd like to see, and think it deserves, the Culpepper piece to get picked up nationally and get a quick spot on ESPN.

That type of situation, and how he's responded can be encouraging to a whole heap of folks.

It really is a tremendous story, because of how he's attacked it.

Bravo Rex.

They got Harrison to come? Wow

I’d imagine KJ got Marvin to come with him.
They’ve always been tight.

Regardless, GREAT to see Marvin back on campus again.
He was very pleasant and engaging in his interview - nothing like the rep he’s had in the past.

I hope every coach on our staff keeps a copy of that on their phone to share with EVERY recruit they meet.

I'd like to see, and think it deserves, the Culpepper piece to get picked up nationally and get a quick spot on ESPN.

That type of situation, and how he's responded can be encouraging to a whole heap of folks.

Bravo Rex.
Espn has at least tweeted a video clip of it at this point, so that’s something.

Bravo Rex.
It's one of the 5 stories on the main page right now.
Cuse QB battling cancer mobbed after TD toss

You think Dino had a chance to speak with Marvin?

Between not streaming Orange Madness and now the "Spring Game", I don't understand the logic. I understand trying to get locals to come as they're more likely to buy season tickets, but you're a small private that has a football program that doesn't have much influence outside of CNY. Would it hurt to utilize the top facilities in college to stream the game for alumni and fans across the country?
It's a 1980's mindset they have as the rest of the world is gearing up for the arrival of 2020

And it's never going to change

It's a 1980's mindset they have as the rest of the world is gearing up for the arrival of 2020

And it's never going to change
right, they need to win some games before they exhibit this behavior. It's ridiculous. Moving the game to 7Pm on a friday when half the world can barely get out of work on time collect the family and head up to dome. Really idiotic to move to Friday night.

Bravo Rex.
At the place I get my tires changed over they had ESPN and they did a short segment on it.

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY???? Taking away the feed to be able to watch a SCRIMMAGE on TV. Are you serious. What benefit does this do anyone? Cancel the exposure to recruits, to fans that aren't willing to travel a hour and a half each way to watch a scrimmage of an hour, to the fan that just doesn't want to take their young kids to a Friday night scrimmage but still allow their kids to be connected with the team.
EVERY WEEK this University takes a step backwards in some way or form. Before anyone jumps on me and starts to defend the University or say I'm a fair weathered fan know this. I had season tickets for 35 years straight. Missed 3 THREE games in 35 years. I bleed orange but the persons running this program keep %#$&*% the actual fans and then they wonder why their fan base keeps leaving in droves. This isn't just a football thing either, basketball attendance was down again this year. It was TWO YEARS ago the University was to announce the game plan for the upgraded or new Dome. Glad they can meet their own deadline. This was just for an announcement. Now I'm hearing all they may be doing is putting on a new roof "similar" to the one we have (so cost effective) and widening the concourse. WHY WIDEN THE CONCOURSE FOR AN EMPTY FACILITY???
Pack it up Syracuse. Always crying money, never investing it back tot he sport/s itself or the fans who support it. Goodnight!
Does this mean you're no longer going to support the team? Goodbye. :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom