St Bonaventure Game Thread... | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

St Bonaventure Game Thread...

Boeheim deserves to be pissed. They blew that charge call, and they blew the time left at the end of the half.

On the other hand, JB blew it by inserting Washington for that offense / defense substitution. Would have preferred to see Howard / Battle driving all OT to foul out either of their guards, which we never tried.

Funny thing is--it was a terrible call because Brisset slid past the guy. But he was also OUTSIDE of the restricted area, it should NEVER have been called a charge.

Joke.
It was a bad call but being OUTSIDE of the restricted area means it can be a charge. The defender can't be inside & draw a charge.

Didn't know that a shoulder graze was a charge either. NBA would be sending him some paperwork on Monday for flopping.

On the other hand, our offense is so freaking pitiful! The walk it up the court, stop after half court, start running something around 15 seconds, when we can't create anything, and then force up a contested jumper after an iso, makes me want to vomit! And this isn't a bash Frank post. He's a quality guard, but is a lousy PG and is being asked to do something that he just is not very good at. I do feel though, that he is running the exact offense he is being asked to run(since it's the same stagnant crap we've been watching for a while now). It's just terrible a scheme and even worse execution.

It was a bad call but being OUTSIDE of the restricted area means it can be a charge. The defender can't be inside & draw a charge.
No real contact. Brissett twisted sideways to avoid the contact and the defender flopped.

Had an uncontested layup by OB to win the game and almost shot an air ball. That was the game. Battle was just horrible the entire game. He’s whining too much about fouls instead of going strong. He might want to learn a jump stop move to score instead of throwing it up to the rim and hoping it goes in. The only way you can take away so much help defense against Battle is to run more motion offense instead of all of the high screens. You can lose the help in a motion offense, but everyone just stands and it’s easy to play help defense.

That’s pretty much spot on. Helping against us is SO easy because we don’t do anything but stand around. It’s unreal. One would think the coaches see this? Then again it has happened for many years lately.

Wow, I can nearly gaurantee that if that exact same play was for an SU guy driving, you folks would say it was legit. Anyone want to argue that? There were other crappy calls, but that one...

No real contact. Brissett twisted sideways to avoid the contact and the defender flopped.

Agree, but I don't think it was a "flop." I just think it was a no call, or more consistently -- that it should have been an "and-one," given the move Brissett made. Calling it a charge was goofy.

Wow, I can nearly gaurantee that if that exact same play was for an SU guy driving, you folks would say it was legit. Anyone want to argue that?
"you folks"? I thought you were suppose to be a Syracuse fan? Just for the record then, you thought it was a charge?

Wow, I can nearly gaurantee that if that exact same play was for an SU guy driving, you folks would say it was legit. Anyone want to argue that?

Yeah, I would argue against it, because it is an indefensible position. A bad call is a bad call, no matter who is advantaged.

You don't call a charge on a secondary defender, when the offensive player slides past him to avoid contact. In the NBA, that would correctly be called a blocking foul 100 out of 100 times. If Brissett had bowled into the guy or blasted into him, that would be one thing. But he didn't -- he went past him, after making a move to beat his primary defender. Incidental contact chargers are terrible calls, no matter how anyone wants to rationalize it.

Wow, I can nearly gaurantee that if that exact same play was for an SU guy driving, you folks would say it was legit. Anyone want to argue that? There were other crappy calls, but that one...

Absolutely. Most here would be saying whew, and that we snuck out thanks to a friendly call.

"you folks"? I thought you were suppose to be a Syracuse fan? Just for the record then, you thought it was a charge?

Not at first, but on the replay he wasnt moving? Maybe I need to see it again?

I just saw it as a 50/50 call. I didnt mean to offend anyone. I called BS on another call against SU, I think the MD one...

We scored 57 points. Refs didn't control that. They we're awful for both teams.

Sobering, but true.

It sucks that we put ourselves in a position where a late call was costly. That doesn't change how lousy of a call that charge against Brissett was, but point taken.

It looked like a flop and a no call. That's not how the refs saw it. More worried about Tyus than Sid right now, though. We're they that good on him.

We scored 57 points. Refs didn't control that. They we're awful for both teams.

They weren't good but St Bona definitely benefitted a lot more than us. In OT, guy just runs into PC and he is fouled out, shoves Marek and he gets an OF and then the Brissett- call. Any balance they may have had in the first 40.. when brown in OT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom