St John's Game Thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

St John's Game Thread...

Alright there is no way around it anymore, we are really bad this year, grad transfer experiment is a train wreck and should not happen again. This is going to be one of the worst seasons ever under Boeheim...no exaggeration

We have no choice but do it next year as we only have 2 kids committed neither of which are guards or shooters. We need at least 2 more players barring a JUCO its the grad transfer route again.

Moving forward, if Lydon and Thompson don't become the focus of our offense, I'm done. One or both better touch the ball every time down in a scoring position.

It occurs to me that our big transfers came from programs without much of a winning tradition. It seems like we have good players, but we don't have guys who know how to make a basket when it really matters. We don't have guys who are winners, and traditionally that's what we try to recruit - kids from programs that are always competing for state championships and AAU glory. It seems to me that a couple of our go-to guys don't quite get what is expected of them.

This is very tough to watch us losing by 13 points to a bad, bad St. John's team. I mean, just look at them! They are freaking TINY. They have no size at all. I do not understand why we are not just pounding the ball inside and using our size against them. We're trying to make too many tough passes in the paint when guys are already close enough to shoot, and early in the game - for the first 12-14 minutes, we relied way too much on the three.

Just flipped over to Kentucky/Louisville for a minute. The speed and talent gap is massive between us and either of them...wow and yikes.

We have no choice but do it next year as we only have 2 kids committed neither of which are guards or shooters. We need at least 2 more players barring a JUCO its the grad transfer route again.
They are non- scoring zone defenders first and foremost. I am sick of this philsophy

Freeking ponds and the random white dude are of course lighting us up. That last one he shot from the Fine Lot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom