St.Johns | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

St.Johns

The St John's guards are a lot better than Gillon.

Not complaining about our team or our history. Just saying these 2 STJ guards from NYC are talented and given how thin we are in the backcourt it's too bad we didn't show any interest in recruiting them. They can play.
Right. So if the staff showed willingness to go after a 5th yr grad transfer who's 5'9 but "worse" than the St. John's guards, what makes you think they would ignore talented smaller guards?

There could literally be a million reason why we didn't go after them. Quade Green is small too.

Does the second hour. Correct?

Gomez does, when they have one, (which will probably start with the next show). I've never heard Dave on the coach's show, although i believe Jim does a segment on their morning show.

Gomez has been on the show but I don't recall Dave doing it.
I remember Coombs and the Coach too. Pre IMG days. They did it from a restaurant then too, but I don't think it was Delmonico's. They would also archive it, which was great.

St.Johns about to beat 13th ranked Butler. Maybe they are not as bad as we thought. Will be a nice win for them and I guess helps us a little.

na... VCU, ODU, DSU, LIU, PSU - not nearly as bad as we thought.

COME THE HELL ON PEOPLE.

I remember Coombs and the Coach too. Pre IMG days. They did it from a restaurant then too, but I don't think it was Delmonico's. They would also archive it, which was great.

When was that, in terms of years? I've been calling or sending in questions and submitting reports on this site since at least the 1999-2000 season. I remember you used to have submit questions only through the computer and there was a dialog box where you could see questions and comments by listeners that was almost like a chat room. I thought the host was always whoever the "Voice of the Orange" was. I don't remember Dave doing the show in that time but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
My memory isn't good enough to pin down the exact years, but I know he hosted before they went to TK99. From the quick research I did, that would mean it was on 95X and Coombs left there in '99. Doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but at my age, nothing does.

Stop these old BigEast games, let's make a clean cut into the next century. We lose - they hurt even more in terms of rpi and fan torment, we win - well, we don't know what that feels like...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom