staff change | Syracusefan.com

staff change

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
heard jimmy brumbaugh was let go this morning.

i also heard a rumor of Conley, but that is unsubstantiated - and i hope not true.

Wow, I thought the D line played pretty well.
Inside or outside? Recall we had 2 d-line coaches this year.

My guess would be that he's been here a couple years and hasn't been lighting it up recruiting. Need more "sellers" on staff while we wait for the admin to get off its duff and start building.

i also heard a rumor of Conley, but that is unsubstantiated - and i hope not true.

Okay, that's got to be wrong. Our Linebackers have played well the last two years and we had a lot of inexperience this year.

Agreed. And not only that, but we have verbals from some LB talent this this year, which I assume Conley was a part of.

Brumbaugh was a really good recruiter. Would rather see Moore go, but I guess since he's an SU alum Marrone won't let him go.

Brumbaugh was a really good recruiter. Would rather see Moore go, but I guess since he's an SU alum Marrone won't let him go.

Is this true? I'm hard pressed to name any recruits he has been instrumental in bringing in, although to be honest I'm not exactly privy to that information.

And you are basing both of those statements on what?

Brumbaugh really hasnt brought in anyone recruiting-wise and Daoust has been great on the DL.
Moore has been great with the players on the team, and decent recruiting besides the Bosco mishap.

man if true, that's unwise. Piss off a substantial portion of the SU nation would not be helpful to DM right now, and a move like that would do just that.

Micah Robinson and Tashon Whitehurst are about it for Jimmy over the past three years according to Rivals. Dan Conley has been doing pretty well as a recruiter and the linebacking corps has been fine for a rebuilding year (and how can you complain about 2010?).

Not to mention, Conley took two RBs and made them into NFL-caliber LBs

Not to mention, Conley took two RBs and made them into NFL-caliber LBs

That's something that came up at a tailgate... Did Conley make the LBs or did the two versatile athletes make Conley?

i hope big dan didnt get tossed-
he didnt have but 1 real linebacker to work with this year-he was given no size and speed wasnt anything special to work with-

That's something that came up at a tailgate... Did Conley make the LBs or did the two versatile athletes make Conley?
I also heard the rumor about conley and brumbaugh...

Great question... Well if he's let go I'm guessing the LB made Conley, remember Conley was kept on the staff from the GRob days. staff is young and inexperienced with Wheately, Moore, Hackett, Conley

Conley will be fine, IMO. Moore will be as well. There will be a specials coach hired and that will be the only change. Outside of the bosco revelation why are people so down on Moore? Just curious. What receivers out there are underachieving?

Brumbaugh, to me, makes sense. Already have a DL coach that is close to shafer. As far as Conley goes, I really do not understand it. Guy has really young kids and yes, they were bad but they need time. Coaching can not solve everything. I guess this means Ansmelo takes over fully at linebacker right? His NYC connections are too valuable. I kind of think that there may be a rift between Conley and Marrone (no inside info). Just seems like he was never his guy (Grobs) and HCDM demoted him in offseason.

I hope DC was not released -- he was doing a pretty good job recruiting, and I thought he had done a good job with what he had to work with at the LB position.

Myles Davis coming in is going to really help the LB corp next year as he looks ready to play now (if he can get back up to football speed in the spring / summer).

I had a feeling Brumbaugh would be released -- no need for two DL coaches, and Daoust is SS protege. Also - I do not think he brought much to us in terms of recruiting (although I think he brought in Max B)

Very fair point. Hard to say as to what the honest answer is. I'm sure it was a little bit of both.

Interesting if true about Brumbaugh. I was always impressed watching him coach, an I thought the DTs performed better than almost anyone expected. It makes sense though since Daost seems to be out-recruiting him and is a Shafer guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IB, our receivers haven't underperformed for sure. You can't underperform when there is a lack of talent.

Interesting if true about Brumbaugh. I was always impressed watching him coach, an I thought the DTs performed better than almost anyone expected. It makes sense though since Daost seems to be out-recruiting him and is a Shafer guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who's Daoust got on the recruiting trail? Actually, who did anyone get except for Wheatley and Adkins?

Who's Daoust got on the recruiting trail? Actually, who did anyone get except for Wheatley and Adkins?

Can't remember off the top of my head but I feel like I've heard Daoust connected with more kids than Brumbaugh. I could be wrong though.

Man oh man, I really didn't think D-Line was a glaring weakness for this team. Defensive secondary, sure. But DLine I thought was relatively ok...especially considering the youth and inexperience.

If anything, we need to get a dedicated QB coach for Nassib.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom