staff change | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

staff change

So do we hire a special teams coach to fill Brumbaughs spot? Makes sense to me.

We need a ST guy in the worst way.

Teams don't just hire a special teams coach. He needs to be a position coach who also coaches special teams. Hackett has FAR to many responsibilities. He's the OC, QB and TE's coach. Thats ridiculous.

We either need to hire a QB/ST coach or a TE/ST coach. The person who suggested the Dolphins guy is a good candidate imho. He could be the TE/ST coach.

This is the coaching staff breakdown right now:

HC – Marrone

OC – Hackett
QB – Hackett
TE – Hackett
RB – Wheatley
WR – Moore
OL / RC – Adkins

DC – Schafer
DB - Schafer
LB / AHC – Anselmo
LB – Conley
DE – Daust
DL – Brambaugh

Didnt Anselmo coach the secondary last year? Anyone know why the change.

Couldn't Adkins or Moore assist with the TE's?

Then bring in a QB / ST guy, move Anselmo back to DB primarily and Shafer can work with the LB's.

I also heard the rumor about conley and brumbaugh...

Great question... Well if he's let go I'm guessing the LB made Conley, remember Conley was kept on the staff from the GRob days. staff is young and inexperienced with Wheately, Moore, Hackett, Conley
Sure lets fire the only two guys on the staff that show some fire. F me.

Ok great we keep hack. Perfect Doug great call guy is a genius wow what a bunch of bs one of the worst O's in college football and Doug keeps Hack

My chopping block would be Adkins, Anselmo, Brumbaugh, Hackett, and Moore.

Sent from my DROIDX

When I look at the reasons why our team is arguably the worst BCS team in college football to watch, it completely begins and ends with the coaching on defense.:bang:

Considering these haven't even been announced yet, what's to say that they are the only moves being made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I look at the reasons why our team is arguably the worst BCS team in college football to watch, it completely begins and ends with the coaching on defense.:bang:
Are you kidding what games did you watch this year

Sent from my DROIDX

Yeah, I can't help but have serious concerns about both Adkins and Hackett. My guess is that Marrone is likely going to stick with this crew of offensive coaches until his hand is forced. If it's end of Year 4 and we still blow on offense, I would imagine wholesale changes. If that doesn't work after Year 5 we are looking for a new HC.

Sent from my DROIDX

Is that in order of first to last or all of the above?

Tons of coaches fired recently means tons of unemployed assistants out there including some very good ones who happened to get caught up in their boss' firing. If you are going to upgrade the staff, now it the time to do it before the newly hired coaches fill out their staffs and the open jobs get filled.

I thought Anselmo was the guy recruiting LI and NYC. We have been getting a lot of recruits from there since Marrone was hired.

Anselmo seems to be a decent recruiter ... players call him the godfather

Anselmo seems to be a decent recruiter ... players call him the godfather
He has alot of connections in and around the city. Not sure if that is as important now as it was when Marrone was first hired.

Teams don't just hire a special teams coach. He needs to be a position coach who also coaches special teams. Hackett has FAR to many responsibilities. He's the OC, QB and TE's coach. Thats ridiculous.

We either need to hire a QB/ST coach or a TE/ST coach. The person who suggested the Dolphins guy is a good candidate imho. He could be the TE/ST coach.

This is the coaching staff breakdown right now:

HC – Marrone

OC – Hackett
QB – Hackett
TE – Hackett
RB – Wheatley
WR – Moore
OL / RC – Adkins

DC – Schafer
DB - Schafer
LB / AHC – Anselmo
LB – Conley
DE – Daust
DL – Brambaugh
he's also the team choreographer

Are you kidding what games did you watch this year
First off, I stopped watching the games.

Second, the :bang: was supposed to indicate my frustration and the sarcasm in my statement, as I believe the biggest issues are on offense.

Sent from my DROIDX

I would take Anselmo and Adkins off of that list. They are both producing at least as recruiters. Otherwise, I'm all in

Sent from my DROIDX

Our recruiting is nowhere near stable enough to ditch Anselmo....or Adkins for that matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom