staff change | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

staff change

Since Marrone (is/was) and Adkins are OL Coach's fire them both.

I would take Anselmo and Adkins off of that list. They are both producing at least as recruiters. Otherwise, I'm all in

I think some overrate the actual value of anselmo and adkins. what does anselmo bring? the milford kids? doug is the focal point for nyc. and even at that, we aren't getting the studs. we need big time recruiters in nj/pa not georgia and milford.

We need big time recruiters period. The only guy who has shown much on the recruiting trail is Wheatley.

I think some overrate the actual value of anselmo and adkins. what does anselmo bring? the milford kids? doug is the focal point for nyc. and even at that, we aren't getting the studs. we need big time recruiters in nj/pa not georgia and milford.

Right now we need all of the kids we can get including the Millford pipeline. Unfortunately, this remains a bit of the chicken and the egg problem. We aren't getting the studs because we're not winning and we can't win consistently until we start landing the studs. That's why this year was so important to have a second year with a bowl, extra practices and a little momentum to show we were moving in the right direction.

Right now we need all of the kids we can get including the Millford pipeline. Unfortunately, this remains a bit of the chicken and the egg problem. We aren't getting the studs because we're not winning and we can't win consistently until we start landing the studs. That's why this year was so important to have a second year with a bowl, extra practices and a little momentum to show we were moving in the right direction.

We are getting kids, but are they the kids we need to win. I guess I should preface what I said that IMO, PA/NJ > NYC/GA. Adkins and Anselmo are recruiters. Their coaching does not impress me at all. We need recruiters that can be successful in other areas of focus.

We are getting kids, but are they the kids we need to win. I guess I should preface what I said that IMO, PA/NJ > NYC/GA. Adkins and Anselmo are recruiters. Their coaching does not impress me at all. We need recruiters that can be successful in other areas of focus.

Agreed.

are you talking abotu the state GA? or is that some sort of abbreviation for a prep school?

GA talent blows PA/NJ out of the water. it is only behind Cali, Texas and Fla and that is most likely because of population. And we (cuse) have done a great job getting players with very minimum time/effort from the state. No reason to bring that into any sort of argument about recruiting.

are you talking abotu the state GA? or is that some sort of abbreviation for a prep school?

GA talent blows PA/NJ out of the water. it is only behind Cali, Texas and Fla and that is most likely because of population. And we (cuse) have done a great job getting players with very minimum time/effort from the state. No reason to bring that into any sort of argument about recruiting.

Yes I mean the state. I didn't say GA is a bad football area. I'm talking our ability to recruit it and get the real good ones. If we had an Adkins equivalent with the contacts and all in PA or NJ, we would get better kids and more of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom