Stall warnings get shot clock | Syracusefan.com

Stall warnings get shot clock

I don't know enough about the motorcycle grip issue, so I'll leave that to the players. But the shot click on a stall warning is totally overdue and welcome. The game had become a farce (unless SU was playing UVa).

Next they have to get the Women’s Lacrosse Rules Committee on board. Northwestern has perfected stall ball and ruined the women's game.

From InsideLacrosse:

A motorcycle grip is where both hands grip in the same direction, as if you were riding a bike or a motorcycle. This grip limits face-off guys to clamping or pinch-and-popping, as opposed to a traditional grip that allows more moves.

Motorcycle grip draw-takers would have to change up their top hand and revert to a traditional grip when approaching a groundball.

Next they have to get the Women’s Lacrosse Rules Committee on board. Northwestern has perfected stall ball and ruined the women's game.
If I understand correctly, the only change they are experimenting with this fall is to allow defenders to run through the crease. While this may not seem like a big deal, it does permit defenders to more actively pressure because they have a shorter route back to defend. So, we should see more active defense and less successful stalling. By the way, if enacted, this rule change would not take place until Spring, 2014.

From InsideLacrosse:

A motorcycle grip is where both hands grip in the same direction, as if you were riding a bike or a motorcycle. This grip limits face-off guys to clamping or pinch-and-popping, as opposed to a traditional grip that allows more moves.

Motorcycle grip draw-takers would have to change up their top hand and revert to a traditional grip when approaching a groundball.
This will be interesting because the incoming FO guys may or may not have used the motorcycle grip. If they did use it, they are, in a sense, starting all over again. We shall see.

If I understand correctly, the only change they are experimenting with this fall is to allow defenders to run through the crease. While this may not seem like a big deal, it does permit defenders to more actively pressure because they have a shorter route back to defend. So, we should see more active defense and less successful stalling. By the way, if enacted, this rule change would not take place until Spring, 2014.
I thought defenders were always allowed to run through the crease - or am I misunderstanding your point?

Ah. Didn't realize you were talking about WLAX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom