Start CJ Fair | Syracusefan.com

Start CJ Fair

scottynguyen

2nd String
I don't care about 'if it ain't broke'

He's earned the right to start for SU.

If he's ok with coming off the bench, God Bless him, I'm not sure I would be if I knew I was clearly the best option at PF.

And I know this thread gets created just about once a week ... but it's more about the principle of the thing. I just think he's earned the right to be announced as a starter.

And I know this thread gets created just about once a week ... but it's more about the principle of the thing. I just think he's earned the right to be announced as a starter.
I don't think he cares. JB has stated his reasoning of starting Rak.

I don't think CJ has the type of ego that he's pissed because he's not "announced as a starter".

I don't think he cares. JB has stated his reasoning of starting Rak.

I don't think CJ has the type of ego that he's pissed because he's not "announced as a starter".

In the grand scheme of things it means very little, I just get a little worked up when I see him perform so well. Just bugs me.

so yeah...lets mess with the chemistry of team with the best start in SU bball history...screw with the lineup with 4 games to go...that will work!

Las Vegas, NV using Tapatalk

He's second on the team in MPG. That matters more. He will start for the team for his next two years.

Don't f@ck with what's working. We've lost 1 game. His time will come, next season. He'll be the starting SF.

I get a kick out of fans that think starting CJ will mess up the chemistry on this team... Huh? What a joke. If anything, it would send a message to the rest of the team that you get rewarded for your play.

I can almost guarantee you that Rak feels guilty that he starts over CJ... I just don't understand what the token start and play 2 minutes does for anyone.

yeah cj looked upset about not starting on that reverse alley oop...

I get a kick out of fans that think starting CJ will mess up the chemistry on this team... Huh? What a joke. If anything, it would send a message to the rest of the team that you get rewarded for your play.

I can almost guarantee you that Rak feels guilty that he starts over CJ... I just don't understand what the token start and play 2 minutes does for anyone.

which is why you are not the SU bball coach...

I agree Rak probably would rather have cj start, it just the nice thing and right thing to do. he deserves his name called.

He's our best player lately!

I agree Rak probably would rather have cj start, it just the nice thing and right thing to do. he deserves his name called.

He's our best player lately!

If we had more than 1 loss, I'd agree with you. We only have 1 loss, and he averages a ton of minutes. There's no need to screw with what's working.

which is why you are not the SU bball coach...

You're right, Boeheim makes the right decision 100% of the time! He may have his reasons for doing it, I just don't see why.

some people would want to change the team even if they were undefeated...grass is always greener type...

i tend to remember a couple years ago kjo and scoop coming off the bench...should have started by the end of the year...worked out well

some people would want to change the team even if they were undefeated...grass is always greener type...

I'm not even saying a change needs to be made.. Just don't understand the justification... Maybe you can explain?

I'm not even saying a change needs to be made.. Just don't understand the justification... Maybe you can explain?

the thread is start cj, which you seem to support...then say you are not saying a change needs to be made?...ummm ok...

the thread is start cj...then say you are not saying a change needs to be made?...ummm ok...

Umm ok... I said I think he should be starting, but didn't say a change needed to be made. Since you're so smart and have so much basketball knowledge, please tell me what good it does to play Rak a minute or two to start the game...

Don't be acting like anyone with an opinion different than yours is wrong and call them out on it without something to back it up!

It's all about his energy off the bench. Same reason Jason Terry doesn't start for Dallas. It's good to have that pick me up come at the first dead ball if the offense happens to be struggling early on

You

You realize starting CJ would be a change, yes?

Yes, unless you're talking about the second half. I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with anyone, but I find It funny that people get hung up on the"if it ain't broke..." saying. Just because we're winning doesn't mean that the team can't get better and yes, possibly make changes during the season.

Yes, unless you're talking about the second half. I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with anyone, but I find It funny that people get hung up on the"if it ain't broke..." saying. Just because we're winning doesn't mean that the team can't get better and yes, possibly make changes during the season.
That is a ridiculous statement.